Author : Firas Aziz Ali 1
Date of Publication :13th September 2021
Abstract: The increasing demand to the energy nowadays has led investigators to give attention on solar energy. In this research, the performance of a flat solar collector has been studied experimentally. It was used water and ZnO/water nanofluid as working fluid with three values of mass fractions (0.01, 0.03, 0.06%) and (0.2, 0.5, 0.8 liter per minute) flow rate. The experimental study was performed at Mosul city/Iraq, during April and May in 2020. It was showed that the outlet temperature of the fluid, heat gain, experimental efficiency, thermal losses of the solar collector were increased as increasing of the solar intensity but decreased as the volumetric flow rate increased. The using of 0.06% of ZnO/water nanofluid increase the solar collector efficiency by 12% at the maximum value of volumetric flow rate
- Kafel Azeez , Zainab Ali Ibrahim , Adnan Mohammed Hussein, Thermal Conductivity and Viscosity Measurement of ZnO Nanoparticles Dispersing in Various Base Fluids. Journal of Advanced Research in Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences 66, Issue 2, pp. 1-10 (2020).
- [A.M. Hussein, K.V. Sharma, R.A. Bakar, K. Kadirgama. The effect of cross sectional area of tube on friction factor and heat transfer nanofluid turbulent flow. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 47, 49-55, (2013).
- Z. Cheng, Y. He, J. Xiao, Y. Tao, R. Xu, Threedimensional numerical study of heat transfer characteristics in the receiver tube of parabolic trough solar collector. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 37, 782-787 (2010)
- D.Q. Lei, Z.F. Wang, J. Li, The analysis of residual stress in glass-to-metal seals for solar receiver tube, Mater. Des. 31, 1813–1820, (2010).
- D.Q. Lei, Z.F. Wang, J. Li, J.B. Li, Z.J. Wang, Experimental study of glass to metal seals for parabolic trough receivers, Renew. Energy 48: 85–91, (2012)
- J. Muñoz, A. Abánades, Analysis of internal helically finned tubes for parabolic trough design by CFD tools, Appl. Energy 88 (11), 4139–4149, (2011).
- P. Wang, D.Y. Liu, C. Xu, Numerical study of heat transfer enhancement in the receiver tube of direct steam generation with parabolic trough by inserting metal foams, Appl. Energy 102, 449–460, (2012).
- A.M. Hussein, R. A. Bakar, K. Kadirgama, K. V. Sharma. Experimental measurement of nanofluids thermal properties." International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering 7, 850 (2013).
- K. Azeez, A.F. Hameed, A. M. Hussein, Nanofluid heat transfer augmentation in a double pipe heat exchanger, AIP Conference Proceedings 2213, 020059, March (2020).
- E.E. Bajestan, M.C. Moghadam, H. Niazmand, W. Daungthongsuk, S. Wongwises, Experimental and numerical investigation of nanofluids heat transfer characteristics for application in solar heat exchangers. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 92, 1041-1052 (2016)
- Z.A. Ibrahim, Q.K. Jasim, A.M. Hussein. The Impact of Alumina Nanoparticles Suspended in Water Flowing in a Flat Solar Collector. Journal of Advanced Research in Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences 65, Issue 1, 1-12, (2020).
- J. A. Duffie, W. A. Beckman, Solar engineering of thermal processes. (John Wiley & Sons, 2006).
- H. Garg, Solar energy: fundamentals and applications. (Tata McGraw-Hill Education, 2000)