Author : Hardik S Trivedi 1
Date of Publication :22nd May 2017
Abstract: Petroleum Industries both on shore and offshores have emerged as the vital part of any nations industrial and economical development. Also it has evolved through numerous engineering and technological innovative development. One of the important aspect among it has been the pipe rack structures. Since a decade or more the modularization of pipe rack structure is gaining massive importance due to various virtues involved. This paper shall explore some imperative procedures involved in modularization, its requirement and the industrial practices followed. Also it shall explain some merits and demerits of modular structure compared to conventional stick built structure..
- AKBAR SHAHIDITABAR AND SEYED, "Pipe and Pipe Rack Interaction," International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 39-44, may 2013.
- MD. SHAHIN REZA, ORESTE S. BURSI FABRIZIO PAOLACCI, "Seismic Analysis And Component Design Of Refinery," in III ECCOMAS Thematic Conference , Corfu, Greece, 2011.
- KASI V. BENDAPUDI, "Structural Design Of Steel Pipe Support Structure," Structure Magzine, pp. 6-8, february 2010
- RICHARD M. DRAKE and ROBERT J. WALTER, "Design of Structural Steel Pipe Racks," ENGINEERING JOURNAL, pp. 241-251, october 2010
- PIP, "Process Industry Practices," Texas, 2007.