Author : Chaitali Chaudhari 1
Date of Publication :15th June 2017
Abstract: The Automobile Industry has shown keen interest for replacement of steel leaf spring with that of composite leaf spring, since the composite material has high strength to weight ratio, good corrosion resistance and tailor-able properties. The study aim’s in the rear leaf spring analysis of “Mahindra Bolero”. In this study, the authors attempt is to maximize the stiffness in the leaf spring by application of the DOE (Design of Experiments) method. Experiments have been conducted using standard L-8 orthogonal array by Taguchi. The statistical methods of signal to noise ratio (S/N) and analysis of variance (ANOVA) are applied to investigate the effects of four design parameters (material, width, thickness, number of leaves) on stiffness. A combination of optimal design parameters is also identified.
- Kiran K. Jadhao, Dr.Rajendra S. Dalu, “Design and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring: A Review”, International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology, ISSN: 2249-5762, Vol. 4, Issue 2, May-Oct 2014
- Roy, R.K., “Design of experiments using the Taguchi Approach” Wiley-Interscience Publication 2001, John Wiley & Sons, Inc
- Bhaviskar A. C. , Bhamre V. G. , Sarode S. S., “Design and Analysis of Leaf Spring for Automobile suspension system: A Review”, International Journal of Emerging Technology an Advanced Engineering, Vol. 3, ISSN: 2250-2459, Issue 6, June 2013.
- Yogendrakumar, Hari singh, “Application of Taguchi Method for Optimizing Material Removal Rate in Turning of En-47 Spring Steel”, 5th International & 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2014), Dec 12th–14th, 2014
- Chang Keng Fuh, “Optimisation of leaf spring deflection using dynamic characteristics”, Faculty of Engineering and Science University Tunku Abdul Rahman, a project report, April 2013.
- Shivam Nandev, Golu Sahu, et al., “Deformation and Weight investigation of Leaf Spring material Aluminum Reinforced with Boron Carbide, E-Glass Epoxy and their combination by FEA”, Scientific Journal of Impact Factor, ISSN: 2348-4470, Vol. 3, Issue 5, May-2016.
- William D. Callister, “Material Science and Engineering” Seventh Edition-John Wiley & Sons, Inc.-2007.
- Y.Q. Sun,J.Z. Zhou, Y.B. Chen and S. Huang, “Optimization of Laser Peening parameters Using Taguchi Method”, Applied Mechanics and Materials Vols. 10-12, pp 692-696, 2008.
- Chaitali Chaudhari et al., “Design and Analysis of MAHINDRA BOLERO Leaf Spring for Optimum Utilization of Material, using ANSYS”, Institute for Scientific and Engineering Research (ISER) International Conference, ISBN: 9788192958050, pp.46-50, March 5th 2017.
- Dabade, Rahul C. Bhedasgaonkar, “Casting Defect Analysis using Design of Experiments (DoE) and Computer Aided Casting Simulation Technique”, Forty Sixth CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems 2013, Procedia CIRP 7, pp.616 – 621, 2013.
- S. Nutalapati and A. Pradesh, “Design and Analysis of Leaf Spring By Using Composite Material ”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 36–59, 2015.