Author : Rakesh H R 1
Date of Publication :17th April 2017
Abstract: The continuously increasing imbalance betweenthe energy demand and supply, together with escalating cost ofthe conventional energy resources as well as growingenvironmental pollution are forcing people to invent newermethods either to reduce energy demands or to find alternativeenergy resources for cooking. The main intension behind this project is to employ concept of hybrid parabolic solar cooker with sensible heat conversion unit. Solar energy is availableeverywhere for free of cost Sun’s energy can be directly converted in to electrical energy, mechanical or even direct thermal energy. The project expects to reduce the consumption of timber as fuel used for cooking and electricity purpose to some extent, to encourage the use of renewable energy, to mitigate respiratory diseases caused by the inhalation of combustion smoke and help the family’s economy. Currently we are working on generation of electricity or electrical energy as well as thermal energy from same system.The system consists of energy conversion unit i.e., Thermoelectric Generator from which solar thermal energy is converted into electrical energy and made to store in battery by converting DC to AC using inverter it can be used for domestic purpose. This arrangement will help to cook the food, and also to generate electrical energy even during deficiency of solar radiation.
- S. Senthilkumar, K. Perumal, &P.S. Srinivasan. Optical and thermal Performance of a three dimensional compound parabolicconcentrator for sphericalabsorber.Sadhana, Vol.34 (3) (2009) pp 369-380.
- Sembiring M, Napitupulu F, Albar AF, El Husein MN. A stainless steel parabolic. ICEE.2007; (1):45–9.
- Mendoza S, Silva E, Almazan O, Guillen R. Modelling Generation Systemsfrom usingSolar Sterling Engines Parabolic Dishes (Solar Dish). WREF. 2012; 1–8
- Pitz-Paal R. High Temperature Solar Concentrators,Solar Energy Conversion and Photoenergy Systems. UNESCO, EOLSS Publishers 2007
- Grandell L, Thorenz A. Silver supply risk analysis for the solar sector. RenewableEnergy. 2014;69: 157– 6
- Prasanna U. R., “Modeling, optimization and design of a solar thermal energy transportsystem for hybrid cooking application”, IIS Bangalore July 2010.
- Tian Y., Zhao C. Y., “Review of solar collectors& thermal energy storage in solarthermalapplications”, volume104, ISSN 0306 – applications”, volume104, ISSN 0306 –2619,Pages 538-553, April 2013.
- Ajay Chandak, Sunil K. Somani, Patil SK-14 andPRINCE15 Solar Concentrators”,ISSN: 2078-0958, Vol 3, July 2011.
- Tanujkhandelwal, “Requirement of energy for cooking”, Chemical engineering departmentIIT Bombay, Feb 2012..
- Ibrahim Ladan Mohammed, “Design and development of a parabolic dish solar thermalcooker”, International Journal ofEngineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue 4, Pages 1179-1186, Jul-Aug 2013.
- “Mechanical Equations: Power Generator Module Installation: Thermoelectric:Seebeck:Custom Thermoelectric.com.”Custom Thermoelectric. Power Generator (Seebeck). ModulInstallation10Aug.2009.