Author : Punith.B.M 1
Date of Publication :23rd May 2017
Abstract: Throughout the study, the main aim is to increase the productivity in the starter assembly line . In each workstation the processing time is different and the longest time consumption in workstation will be identified and observation is carried out . This related workstation is studied by time study techniques. The time is taken by stopwatch. The goal of the work is to seek in increase in the line efficiency and productivity rate hence proposed to the company. The major drawback is the setup change of performance test bench of the starter . These particular problems thus affect the productivity and the line efficiency as well. Thorough observation revealed the change over time for a workstation also an important aspect in the production time . It plays a major role in the company’s overall income , as the result of that the major change should be taken so as to reduce the change over time . The setup change of performance test bench consumed more time and results in less production. So we should reduce the setup change time by removing the non-value added activities and bring in new techniques . This change has a better line efficiency and increase in rate of productivity
- ^ Georgano, G.N. (1985). Cars 1886–1930. Beekman House. ISBN 9781855019263.
- ^ a b "Olympia Motor Show". The Automotor Journal: 1402–1412. 23 November 1912.
- ^ Whittacker, Wayne (April 1949). "Chrysler Family Debut". Popular Mechanics. 91 (4): 122. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- ^ Sanders, Ralph W. Vintage farm tractors: the ultimate tribute to classic tractors. p. 98. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- ^ "Know Your Car's Nervous System - Starters". Popular Mechanics. 96 (6): 186–189. June 1952. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- ^ The 1962 Starting Motor and Alternator, Chrysler Corporation, November 1961
- ^ LaChance, David (June 2007). "Memorable Mirada". Hemmings Classic Car. Retrieved 25 May 2015. ...the twitterings of the Highland Park hummingbird, Mopar's famous gear-reduction starter
- ^ "Engine and turbine starters" (PDF). Fspowercontrol.com. Archived from the original(PDF) on 30 May 2013.
- ^ "Hydraulic Starting Systems". Huegli-tech.com. Retrieved 25 May 2015