Author : A Muthuvel 1
Date of Publication :11th May 2017
Abstract: Transfer of heat from one fluid to another is an important operation for most of the chemical industries. The most common application of heat transfer is in designing of heat transfer equipment for exchanging heat from one fluid to another fluid. Such devices for efficient transfer of heat are generally called Heat Exchanger. A heat exchanger is a piece of equipment built for efficient heat transfer from one medium to another. The media may be separated by a solid wall to prevent mixing or they may be in direct contact. Heat exchangers are widely used in space heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, power plants, chemical plants, petrochemical plants, petroleum refineries, natural gas processing, and sewage treatment.
- S.Chand, Heat and Mass transfer by R.K. Rajput
- Patel et al, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies
- Indian Standard (IS: 4503-1967): Specification for Shell and Tube Type Heat Exchangers, BIS 2007, New Delhi.
- Research papers
- Applied Thermal Engineering 27 (2007)
- Applied Thermal Engineering 28 (2008)
- Applied Thermal Engineering 29 (2009)
- Applied Thermal Engineering 30 (2010)
- Andre L.H. Costa, Eduardo M. Queiroz, “Design optimization of shell-and-tube heat exchangers”
- JiangfengGuo et al.: