Author : Girja V 1
Date of Publication :19th April 2017
Abstract: Laboratory low cycle fatigue tests were conducted on permanent moulded austempered ductile iron alloyed with 1.0% and 2.0% nickel content. Samples were austenitized at 9000C for 60 minutes and austempered at 300 and 3500C for 60 to 150 minutes in steps of 30 minutes. The results indicated that PMADI samples austempered at 3000C for 60 minutes showed superior fatigue strength than other test samples. 2% Nickel PMADI samples showed better fatigue strength than 1% Nickel PMADI samples. The results were analyzed based on structure property correlation and microstructure
- A. Vaško, The factors influencing microstructure and mechanical properties of ADI, March 2009.
- E. Dozazil: Austempered ductile iron – ADI, Slévárenstvi, Vol. 41, No.4 (1993), pp.181-183 (in Czech).
- P. Skočovský, O. Bokůvka, R. Konečná, E. Tillová: Material science for specializations of mechanical engineering, EDIS, Žilina, 2006 (in Slovak)
- T.R. Uma, K. Narasimha Murthy: Influence of nickel on mechanical and slurry erosive wear behaviour of permanent moulded toughened austempered ductile iron, December 2010.
- S. Seetharamu, P. Sampath Kumaran, R. K. Kumar, K. Narasimha Murthy, P. Martin Jebraj, Abrasion and erosion resistance of permanent moulded austempered ductile iron, Wear, Vol.167 (1993), pp.1-8.
- K. Narasimha Murthy, P. Sampathkumaran, S. Seetharamu, Abrasion and erosion behaviour of manganese alloyed permanent moulded austempered ductile iron, Wear, Vol.267 (2009), pp.1393-1398.
- Justin Lefervre and Kathy L. Hayrynen: Austempered Materials for Powertrain Applications, April 2013.
- ASTM A897/A897M06, Standard Specification for Austempered Ductile Iron Castings, ASTM International,West Conshohocken, PA, http://www.astm.org.
- Ulewicz Robert and Franiack Novy: Fatigue properties of ADI cast iron, METAL 2015, June 3rd5th 2015.
- Dudek A., Adamczyk L: Properties of hydroxyapatite layers used for implant coatings, OPTICA APPLICATA Volume: 43 Issue: 1, 2013, pp. 143-151.