Author : M. Pradeep Kumar 1
Date of Publication :18th May 2017
Abstract: 6-Sigma is a quality tool that measures how far a given process deviates from the perfection. It is considered as the one of the most efficient quality tool so far on the globe, which produces the product with approximately zero defects. Sigma level determines the quality performance of a product, service delivery or a process and provides an overall framework for continuous improvement in the process of an organization. The sigma level can be calculated using the DPMO (Defects Per Million Opportunities) which is a measure of the number of defects occurring in a process. This paper deals with the application of the 6-Sigma methodology in determining the performance level of various failures that occurred in the Load Hauling Dumpers used in open cast mines. DPMO, RPN can fairly determine the machine behaviour. This paper throws some light on establishing the relation between the 6-sigma quality and risk priority number so as to estimate the behaviour of the equipment.
- E. V. Gijoa, Johny Scaria and Jiju Antony Application of Six Sigma Methodology to Reduce Defects of a Grinding Process.
- Nihal Erginel and Aytac Hasirci Reduce the Failure Rate of the Screwing Process with Six Sigma Approach.
- Shashanka Soni, Ravindra Mohan, Lokesh Bajapi and S.K. Katare, Reduction Of Welding Defects Using Six Sigma Techniques.
- Abdulaziz A. Bubshait, and Abdullah A. AlDosary, Application of Lean Six-SigmaMethodology to Reduce the Failure Rate of Valves at Oil Field.
- N. Lakshmi Narayana, Dr. N.V.S. Raju and M. Pradeep Kumar, Failure Investigations and Reliability Evaluation of Dumpers through FMECA.
- Adan Valles1, Jaime Sanchez, Salvador Noriega, and Berenice Gómez Nuñez, Implementation of Six Sigma in a Manufacturing Process: A Case Study .
- Dr.N.V.S.Raju, Total Quality Management, Cengage Learning Private Limited. . Dr.N.V.S.Raju, Reliability and Plant Maintenance, Cengage Learning Private Limited.
- Tushar N Dasia and Shrivastava R L (2008), “Six Sigma- A new direction to quality and productivity management”, Proceeding of the World Congress An Engineering and Computer Science, San Francisco, USA.
- Breyfogle FW. Implementing Six Sigma: Smarter Solutions Using Statistical Methods. Wiley: New York, 1999