Author : Manjunatha G. 1
Date of Publication :10th May 2017
Abstract: Fiber reinforced composites have been gaining wide use in variety of application. The glass fibre reinforced hybrid composites were prepared by varying the weight percentage of graphene by 2%, 4% and 6% using vacuum bagging technique. The mechanical properties such as Flexural Strength and Flexural Modulus were studied. Moisture absorption into glass-epoxy and glass-epoxy-graphene composites immersed in -20oC and 100oC in water for 6 hrs was investigated and effect of addition of filler in glass fiber reinforced polymer (GFRP) laminates were studied. It was observed that flexural strength and flexural modulus increases linearly with increase in graphene content as compared with glass-epoxy composites. Moisture absorption test showed that in cold condition at 2% addition of graphene increased water absorption compared to 4% and 6%.When it is subjected to hot condition water absorption is increased linearly with increase in graphene %.
- Xin wang, “The effect of graphene presence in flame retarded epoxy resin matrix on the mechanical and flammability properties of glass fiber reinforced composites” Composites Part A 53, 88-96, 2013
- PatilDeogonda, “Mechanical Property of Glass Fibre Reinforcement Epoxy Composites - International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research (IJSER) - Volume 1 Issue 4, December 2013
- Satnam Singh, “An experimental of mechanical properties of glass fibre reinforced epoxy composites “Published by VBRI press in 2013
- T D Jagannatha,” Mechanical properties of carbon/glass fibre reinforced epoxy Hybrid polymer composites-ISSN 2278 – 0149, Vol. 4, No. 2, April 2015
- P.S. Shivakumar Gowda,” Effects graphene on the mechanical properties of hybrid polymer composites” Published by VBRI press in 2013