Author : Dr.PVS Subhashini 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2017
Abstract: Selective Compliance articulated robot arm (SCARA) is an accepted robotic manipulator for industrial applications. Earlier SCARA manipulator was used exclusively for assembly purposes like printed circuit board, pick and place etc. But at present research on SCARA widens in the areas of production operations and for medical applications.The present paper will be a review on SCARA manipulator for various applications which includes literature on SCARA kinematics, dynamics and applications. This paper presents kinematics and dynamics of a SCARA robot using techniques like modeling, mathematical etc. In the literature most of the authors used packages like solid works, NX, MATLAB, ANSYS for analyses purpose. Overall this paper presents literature for the SCARA manipulator to a greater extent.
- Vigen Arakelian and Sébastien Briot, “Dynamic Balancing of the SCARA Robot”,
- Francisco Franco Obando D., Pablo Eduardo Caicedo R., Oscar Andrés Vivas A., “Operational Space Control for A Scara Robot”, 23rd ISPE International Conference on CAD/CAM Robotics and Factories of the Future
- Serena Ruggeri , Angelo Vertuan , Giovanni Legnani , Antonio Visioli, “Kinetostatic calibration of a SCARA robot”, pp.1-10
- Mahdi Salman Alshamasin, Florin Ionescu, Riad Taha Al-Kasasbeh, “Kinematic Modeling and Simulation of a SCARA Robot by Using Solid Dynamics and Verification by MATLAB/Simulink”, European Journal of Scientific Research ISSN 1450-216X Vol.37 No.3 (2009), pp.388-405.
- gnacio Herrera-Aguilar, Oscar SandovalGonzales, Raúl Pimentel-Cortés,Juan Manuel JacintoVillegas and Marco Vásquez-Beltrán, “From Motion Planning to Kinematic control of SCARA robot”, ROSSUM 2011 June 27-28, 2011, pp 66-71.
- Alirıza Kaleli, Ahmet Dumlu, M. Fatih Çorapsız and Köksal Erentürk, “Detailed Analysis of SCARA-Type Serial Manipulator on a Moving Base with LabView”, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Adv Robotic Sy, 2013, Vol. 10, 189:20
- Fernando Passold, Marcelo Ricardo Stemmer, “Force Control of a Scara Robot using Neural Networks”, fourth international workshop on robotics motion and control (Ro Mo Co’04), Puszczykowo, Poland. Proceedings. Poznan, Poland: Poznan University of technology, 2004. pp 247-252.
- Nitesh Kumar Jaiswal , Vijay Kumar, “3- DOF Scara type Robot Manipulator using Mamdani Based Fuzzy Controller”, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET), ISSN 2278 – 0882 Volume 3, Issue 3, June 2014
- M. Selwin, S.G. Arul Selvan, B. Sivaraman, “Dynamic Behavior Study of 2R and 3R SCARA Robot Manipulator for Pick and Place Application”, Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences ISSN: 0974-2115, February 2017, pp.68-73.