Author : Nikita T. Bhagat 1
Date of Publication :12th April 2017
Abstract: The preconstruction planning (PCP) phase of any project is an individual stage that impacts the planning and execution of a construction project. In this stage, planners and contractors using their experience plan the project considering time, cost and quality constraints. In recent time, importance is being placed on using different tools like GIS in the preconstruction planning stage. In planning a water supply distribution scheme, an information system is needed that will help the construction planners to plan the project. Geographic information system is a computer based system that is used for storing, manipulating, and analysing large amount of data. This paper focuses on the water supply distribution scheme of a village Mahuli, in Maharashtra, India. In this paper study of application of GIS on one of the aspects of water supply preconstruction planning, i.e. distribution pipeline network, details and analysis in GRAM++ is done. The purpose of the study is to know the advantages of using GIS and achieving time effectiveness.
- V. K. Bansal, “Potential Application Areas of GIS in Preconstruction Planning”, J. Prof. Issues Eng. Educ. Pract., 10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000257. 2015
- Mark R. Leipnik, Karen K. Kemp, and Hugo A. Loaiciga, “Implenemtation of GIS for Water Resources Planning and Management”, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 1993, Vol. 119, 184-205.
- S. Y. Mhaske (2008); “Application of GISGPS for Land records mapping“ Pravara International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering (PICETE-2008), December 20 – 23, 200
- Jason Luettinger, and Thayne Clark, “Geographic Information System-based Pipeline Route Selection Process”, J. Water Resour. Plann. Manage., 2005, 193-200.
- Russell Gibson, “How to Accelerate Design and Construction for Large Water Supply Projects”, Pipelines 2012: Innovations in Design, Construction, Operations, and Maintenance, ASCE.
- Michael Soakodan Aduah, Saviour Mantey and Naa Dedei Tagoe, “GIS in Water Supply Network Maintenance Tarkwa, South Western Ghana”, Research Journal of Environmental and Earth Sciences, 2011, 737-744.
- Dr, Prshant P. Bhave, Kalpana S. Dumbre, “GIS applications for water supply system management” Journal of Indian Water works Association, January- March 2012. 45- 54