Author : Rohit E. Khandave 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2017
Abstract: Magnetic field generated by a permanent neodymium magnet of 4,000 gauss intensity was used for this research and was applied on the fuel line of a 3 cylinder,4-stroke SI engine to reduce the fuel consumption and even the pollutants of the exhaust gas. This research comprises of various trials conducted on the engine at 3,000 rpm and different loads (100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20% and no load). Firstly, the engine was run without the installation of the magnetizer and all the performance parameters and the exhaust gas readings were noted down, and then the same procedure was adopted after installing the magnetizer just before the carburetor. The trials had positive results with maximum of 7.5% decrease in specific fuel consumption and about 4% increase in both mechanical efficiency and brake thermal efficiency. It was also found that there was a significant decrease in exhaust gas emissions with maximum amount of decrease in Carbon monoxide and Hydrocarbons was about 3% and 6% respectively, while there was an increase in Carbon dioxide by about 2%. The results above states that this technique helps in improving the performance and thereby saving the fuel and enhancing the green technology.
- Piyush M Patel, Prof. Gaurav P Rathod, Prof. Tushar M Patel, “Effect of magnetic field on performance and emission of single cylinder four stroke diesel engine”, IOSR Journal of Engineering, Vol. 04, Issue 05 (May. 2014), ||V5|| PP 28-34.
- P Vijay Kumar, Santosh Patro and vedasamhita Pudi, “Experimental Study of Novel magnetic fuel ionisation method in 4-stroke diesel engines”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, , Vol. 3, pp 151-159, January 2014, ISSN 2278-0149..
- P. Govindasamy and S. Dhandapani, “Performance and emissions achievements by magnetic energizer with a single cylinder two stroke catalytic coated spark ignition engine”, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, Vol. 66, June 2007, pp. 457 – 463..
- Ali S. Farisa, Saadi K. Al-Naserib, Nather Jamal, Raed Isse, Mezher Abed, Zainab Fouad, Akeel Kazim, Nihad Reheem, Ali Chaloob, Hazim Mohammad, Hayder Jasim,Jaafar Sadeq, Ali Salim and Aws Abas, “Effects of Magnetic Field on Fuel Consumption and Exhaust Emissions in Two-Stroke Engine”
- “Review on Effect of Fuel Magnetism by Varying Intensity on Performance and Emission of Single Cylinder Four Stroke Diesel Engine”, Kushal Chaware.
- Nikit B. Patel, Saurabh B. Patel Milan S. Patel and Diptesh Patel, “Reduction in Harmful Exhaust Gas Emission with use of Catalytic Converter and Fuel Magnetizer”.