Author : Y Nithin Chandra Manas 1
Date of Publication :10th May 2017
Abstract: The gimbal is a mechanism having degrees of freedom in both elevation and azimuth axis similar to gyroscope which has 3 axial freedom. Gimball assembly consists of a) box ,where the required components are fixed b) motors, for the rotation of gimball in required direction c) beam support, for holding the structure d) base plate to connect two beam structural beams e) base plate, for support of entire structure. The following points are considered for design of gimbal assembly: Mechanical configuration has a minimum value of MI about all the axes. The mechanical design is optimized for stiffness so that the natural frequencies are well above the natural frequency to avoid resonance. Machining accuracy of various surfaces is to be maintained so the geometric cross coupling & friction are minimized. Torque calculations are done for required loading conditions and a motor is selected. The gimball and gimball installed truck are designed analysed and simulated
- Mahadevan, K. Liang, P., and Fekete, J (2008),”Effect of Strain Rate in Full Vehicle Frontal Crash Analysis.
- Gabler, H. and Hollowell,(2012),” W The Aggressivity of Light Trucks and Vans in Traffic Crashes.”
- C Duncan, A Khattak, F,” Applying the Ordered Probit Model to Injury Severity in Truck-passenger Car Rear-End Collisions.”
- EL Toy, JK Hammitt ,”Safety Impacts of SUVs, Vans, and Pickup Trucks in Two-Vehicle Crashes.”
- S El-Tawil( 2007) –“ Vehicle Collision with Bridge Piers.”
- BahemmatP(2008),„Experimental study on the effect of rotational speed and tool pin profile on a 2024 aluminium friction stir welded butt joints‟.
- Tejasager Ambati,(2001) - SIMULATION OF FRONTAL CRASH-TEST.
- Vehicle Crash Analysis for Airbag deployment Decision.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232957 740 . Allan F. Williams.(2006) - Fatal crash involvements of 15-year-old drivers.