Author : Avinash D N 1
Date of Publication :11th May 2017
Abstract: A wind turbine is a device that converts kinetic energy from the wind to mechanical energy. Wind energy is one the most widely used renewable energy resources. Micro wind turbines need to be affordable, reliable and almost maintenance free for the average person to consider installing one. Micro - scale wind turbines produce more costly electricity than large and medium - scale wind turbines, especially in poor wind sites and in autonomous applications that require a high level of reliability. However, when designed properly with proper materials, micro - scale wind turbines could be a reliable energy source and produce valuable energy not only in developing countries but also in remote areas that are far away from the grid power in developed countries. Micro - scale wind turbines are in fact becoming an increasingly promising way to supply electricity in developing countries. The micro - scale wind turbines have quite different aerodynamic behavior than their large - scale counterparts. In this work the blades of the wind turbines are designed for low wind speeds of 3 m/s using NACA 2412 aerofoil. This paper elaborates the design of wind turbine blade using Q-Blade and 123D- Make software and fabrication using advanced light weight materials like Carbon fiber and PU foam.
- S. Chen, B. Mulgrew, and P. M. Grant, “A clustering technique for digital communications channel equalization using radial basis function networks,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 570-578, July 1993.
- J. U. Duncombe, “Infrared navigation—Part I: An assessment of feasibility,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. ED-11, pp. 34-39, Jan. 1959
- C. Y. Lin, M. Wu, J. A. Bloom, I. J. Cox, and M. Miller, “Rotation, scale, and translation resilient public watermarking for images,” IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 767-782, May 2001.
- Rajveer mittal , K S Sindhu and D K Jain “ an overview of some important issue related to wind energy conversion system “ ,Vol. 1,pp. 351-363, October 2010.
- Suaad Jaber “ Environmental Impact of Wind Energy, Vol. 3, Iuly 2013.
- Naren Shankar, Darius Stanley and Arul Manikandan, “ design and fabrication of horizontal axis wind turbine” research gate , June 2016.
- P.L.N.V Aashrith, Ch. Vikranth, “Design and fabrication of savonious wind mill”, vol. 4,pp. 70-79, June 2014.
- Krishna S, “Design and fabrication of wind fans for power generation”Vol. 4, July 2015.