Author : Nagendra Reddy H R 1
Date of Publication :11th May 2017
Abstract: With the increase in demand for less denser and high stiffer components, aluminium matrix composite find its place in the area of aerospace structure and in automobiles. The purpose of this work is to study the corrosion and wear properties by development of hybrid metal matrix composite constitutes boron carbide and graphite particulate reinforced to aluminium (AL2024) alloy matrix which is in continuous phase. Using stir casting fabrication technique, keeping boron carbide constant and varying the weight % of graphite and vice versa according to ASTM standards. The wear characteristics and corrosion test for different compositions have been tested using pin on disc apparatus and weight loss metho
- Muthazhagan, A. Gnanavelbabu, G. B. Bhaskar and K. Rajkumar, Influence of Graphite Reinforcement on Mechanical Properties of Aluminium- Boron Carbide Composites, Advanced Material Research, 845 (2014), pp 3998-402.54 Advanced Manufacturing Research and Intelligent Applications.
- A. Senthil Kumar, S. Ayyanar, K. Ilayaraja, P. Loganathan , Charactrization of particulate reinforced Aluminium 6061/Boron carbide composites, Advances in Natural and Applied sciences,ISSN: 1995-0772,EISSN: 1998-1090,2016 Special 10(6):pages 251-260
- T Thirumalai*, R Subramanian, S Kumaran, S Dharmalingam and S S Ramakrishnan Production and characterization of hybrid aluminum matrix with boron carbide (B4C) and graphiteJournal of Scientific & Industrial ReseVol. 73, October 2014, pp. 667-670
- Gokul Prashanth D, Manoj Karthick C, Mahmoodul Hasan A, Jeeno Amarnath K CCharacterization of As Cast Aluminium Based Hybrid CompositesInternational Journal of Scientific &Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 8, August-2015 ISSN 2229-5518
- V.L. Kingston, M. John Prabhakar, N. Senthil Kumar , A Study on Mechanical Characteristics Metal Matrix Composite International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT)International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278- 0181Vol. 3 Issue 4, April – 2014