Author : Shridharmurthy H N 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2017
Abstract: The main objective is to study the mechanical properties of a high strength concrete by using Rice Husk Ash (RHA) instead of different replacement in levels of an Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC). The standard cylinders (300mm height x 150mm dia), prisms (100mm X 100mm X500mm) and cubes (150mm X 150mm X 150mm) were casted. In all specimens having M50 and M40 grade mix are casted and tested. The comparison is done between the RHA of both grades with high strength concrete of various amount replacement of the cement viz i.e, 15%, 10% ,5%, 0% and along with high strength concrete without RHA. The compressive test is done for various number of days. A interesting and quite encouraging results are obtained of mechanical properties of RHA for a particular number of days. By increasing the Rice Husk Ash fineness, enhanced strength of the blended concrete are compared to coarser Rice Husk Ash and control OPC mixture. Increase in water demand in concrete by incorporation of the Rice Husk Ash. Up to 20% of cement can be replaced by RHA without adversely affecting in the strength and it shows excellent improvement in the strength.
- Syed Mehdi Abbas, Dada Patil, Sanjeev Raje (2015). “Use of Rice Husk Ash in Concrete”. IJOSER, Vol 6, Issue 12, December 2015, PP 276-278.
- Makarand Suresh kulkarni, Paresh Govind Mirgal, Prajyot Prakash Bodhale, S.N. Tande. (2014). “Effect of Rice Husk Ash on properties of concrete”. JOCEET, Vol 1, August 2014, PP 26-29.
- Ravande Kishore, V. Bhikshma, P. Jeevana Prakash. (2011). “Study on Strength Characteristics of High strength Rice Husk Ash Concrete”. Procedia Engg 14 (2011), 2666-2672.
- Godwin A. Akeke, Maurice E. Ephraim, Akobo, I.Z.S and Joseph O. Ukpata. (2013). “Structural Properties of Rice Husk Ash Concrete". IJEAS, Vol 3, No 3, May 2013, PP 57-61.
- Ghassan Abood Habeeb, Hilmi Bin Mahmud. (2010). “Study on Properties of Rice Husk Ash and its use as cement replacement material”. Mar. Res. Vol 13. No 2, Apr/ June 2010.
- P.Padma Rao, A. Pradhan Kumar, B.Bhaskar Singh. (2014). “A Study on use of Rice Husk Ash in concrete”. IJEAR, Issue spl-2, Jan-June 2014, pp 75-81.
- Hwang Chao-Lung, Bui Le Anh-Tuan, Chen Chun-Tsun. (2011). “Effect of Rice Husk Ash on the Strength and Durability characteristics of concrete”. Construction and building materials 25, 2011, PP 3768- 3772.0
- Shridharmurthy H N, H K Srinivas, Shashidhara L C, Madhusudhan T.(2016). “A Review on investigation of mixed mode Fracture in Brittle materials”. IJRET, Vol 5, spl issue 09, may 2016, pp 24-29.
- P.K. Mehta, “Properties of blended cements made from Rice Husk Ash”. ACI journal/September 1977, pp 440-442.