Author : Shreyas.G.U, 1
Date of Publication :13th April 2017
Abstract: - Single wheeled electric vehicle includes DC electric hub motor and a steering mechanism, where in this system is disposed within the wheel of the single wheeled vehicle. The wheel has a hub motor within which there is a stationary centre shaft and vehicle is provided with small training wheels and operation of the motor causes the rotation of the wheeled vehicle depending upon the throttle. This paper describes the development of Single Wheeled DC Electric Vehicle which can be driven with the help of an accelerator and a power controller. In the present study an indigenously built Prototype generally relates an electric transportation and more particularly relates to Eco-Friendly Single-wheeled vehicle which can be used in both indoor and outdoor systems as a mode of transportation.
- United States Patent Hoffmann et al, US 8,800,697 B2 Aug, 12, 2014
- “The Uno Electric Motorcycle or Motor Unicycle” .Matt Embrey.Green Upgrader website. May 8, 2008. Retrieved 2 Jan 2009
- Professor Klaus Hofer from University of applied sciences in Bielefeld, Germany, “Electric vehicle on one wheel”, research paper published by vehicle power and propulsion, pp,517-521.
- Huang et al, “The Development of Self balancing controller for one -Wheeled vehicle”, article published online at http://www.scirp.org/journal/eng/by Scientific Research, Apr.2010, pp.212-219.
- Author Unknown, one wheeled-motorcycle, photograph, circa before Aug.31.2009
- US7108090 5 Nov 2002 Assembled Products Corporation “Motorized cart with hub gear motor system”.
- US8348798 29 Jun 2011 Chiu-Hsiang Lo “Hub motor for electric vehicles”.
- EP2423094A2 12 Aug 2011 Chiu-Hsiang Lo “Electric wheel for electric vehicles”.