Author : P.S.Kulkarni 1
Date of Publication :9th August 2017
Abstract: This dissertation work shall focus on the unique response -Residual Stress - found upon turning the workpiece using CNC turning center. The material chosen is EN353, which is used in Automobile applications like shafts & gears, where the case of the part is expected to be hard while the core should stay soft to offer toughness during shock loading. The research shall be performed upon identifying fundamental machining parameters that influences this response. Statistical techniques shall be used to determine the optimal settings for the given parameters. The experiment shall be performed at a suitable facility and the optimal results shall be validated through experimentation. The residual stresses are being considered to be measured using `Hole Drilling Method’ or a suitable technique at the test lab. The objective of the work shall be to optimize the parameters in order to realize reduced level of residual stress while maintaining the rate of production for the given component
- Tian-Syung Lan ,Ming-Yung Wang,’’Competitive parameter optimization of multi-quality CNC turning’’,International Journal Of Advanced Manufacturing Technology,(2009),820-826.
- Mahendra Korat, Neeraj Agarwal,’’Optimization of Different Machining Parameters of En24 Alloy Steel In CNC Turning by Use of Taguchi Method’’,Vol.2,(2012),160-164
- R. Saravanan,P. Asokan,M. Sachithanandam,’’ Comparative Analysis of Conventional and NonConventional Optimisation Techniques for CNC Turning Process’’,International Journal Of AdvancedManufacturing Technology,(2001),471- 476.
- H. Ganesan • G. Mohankumar,’’ Optimization of Machining Techniques in CNC Turning Centre Using Genetic Algorithm’’ Arab Journal of Science Engineering, (2013),1529-1538.
- Sachin C Borse,’’ Optimization Of Turning Process Parameter In Dry Turning Of Sae52100 Steel’’ International Journal Of Mechanical Engineering And Technology (IJMET), Vol.5, (2014),1-8.
- Sanjay Kajal ,Sanjay Yadav,’’Optimization of CNC Turning Parameter for EN 351 by using Taguchi Method’’, Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), (2015),27-30.
- Waleed Bin Rashid, Saurav Goel , J. Paulo Davim , Shrikrishna N. Joshi, “Parametric design optimization of hard turning of AISI 4340 steel (69 HRC)”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology May 2015.