Author : Umesh Kulkarni 1
Date of Publication :5th July 2017
Abstract: This paper explains the amount of thrust vectoring obtained using jet type of Thrust Vectoring Control (TVC) system. A new thrust vectoring component is suggested and validated with available experimental data. The methodology entails the design of three dimensional nozzle using two input design parameters followed by descretisation of control volume and simulation through ZNPL PUNS solver. Grid independence test was carried out for basic nozzle case (nozzle with no TVC component). Taguchi design technique for design optimization was adopted. Nine cases were simulated for varying position of TVC component in a direction normal to nozzle axis i.e. nozzle exit blockage along with clearance between TVC component and nozzle exit plane along the axis downstream. The optimised cases were selected through post processing and analysing the solution in perspective of nozzle wall pressure forces and TVC efficiency parameters.
- Zivkovic “Experimental research and numerical simulations of thrust vector control nozzle flow ” The Aeronautical Journal, p. 1153–1174, 2016.
- G. P. Sutton and O. Biblarz, Rocket Propulsion Elements, vol. 7th edition, United States of America: Wiley-lnterscience, 2001.
- oy “CFD Analysis Of ocket Engine ozzle ” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (IJAERS), pp. 39-46, Jan2016.
- Patel “Flow Analysis and Optimization of Supersonic Rocket Engine Nozzle at Various Divergent Angle using Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD ” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, pp. Volume 11, Issue 6 Ver. IV (Nov- Dec. 2014), PP 01-10, 2014.
- ehru, “Computational study of mechanical thrust vectoring ” international journal of research in aeronautical and mechanical engineering, pp. 42-48, 2015.
- D. Majil “Design and Analysis of Jet Vane Thrust Vectoring Nozzle using CFD and Optimization of Nozzle Parameters ” Indian Journal of Science and Technology, p. Vol 9(39), 2016.
- D. Majil “Optimization of nozzle parameters for various thrust vectoring nozzle using CFD ” Discovery, pp. 52(252),2369-2378, 2016.
- Griffin and French, Space Vehicle Design, Virginia: American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2004.
- Davidović “Contri ution to research of spoiler and dome deflector tvc systems in rocket propulsion ” Tehnički vjesnik, pp. 907-915 , 2015.
- A.Gogoi “Design and CFD Analysis of Yaw Thrust Vectoring in Rectangular Nozzle of Tail-less Aircraft ” .
- Parthi an “Design and Analysis of ocket Engine Nozzle by using CFD and Optimisation of nozzle parameters ” International Journal of Engineering Research, pp. Vol.3., Issue.5., 2015.