Author : Rajan Kumar 1
Date of Publication :20th July 2017
Abstract: The objective of the present work is to evaluate the fuel qualities and check the adaptility of the raw karanja oil on diesel engine. The physico-chemical properties of the karanja oil are characterized and its performance and emission characteristics are studied on diesel engine. The results were analyzed and compared to the reference test fuel diesel. The results showed that the thermal efficiency of raw karanja oil is higher than diesel and the CO emission and exhaust temperature of diesel is found to be lower than karanja oil.
- R. Altin, S. Cetinkaya, H.S.Yucesu. “The potential of using vegetable oil fuels as fuel for diesel engines”. Energy Convers Manage,Vol. 42, pp. 529- 38, 2001
- N.V. Bringi, “Nontraditional Oil Seeds and in India”, NewDelhi: Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd. 1980.
- R.P.S. Katwal, P.L. Soni, “Biofuels: An Opportunity for Socioeconomic Development and Cleaner Environment”, Indian Forester, 129(8): pp. 939-49, 2003
- E. Saucedo, “Biodiesel” Ingeniera Quimica 20, pp. 19-29, 2001
- K.A.Subramanian,S.K.Singh,M.saxena, S.Singhal, “Utilization of Liquid Biofuels in Automotive Diesel Engines,” Biomass and Bioenergy, vol. 29: pp. 65- 72, 2005
- L.C. Meher, ,S.N. Naik, and L.M. Das, “Methonolysis of Pongamia Pinnata (Karanja) Oil for Production of Biodiesel”, Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol.63, pp. 913-918,2004
- C. Rumkini, "Chemical and nutritional evaluation of Neem oil", Food Chemistry, vol. 26,No.:2, pp.119- 124.