Author : Karthik C B 1
Date of Publication :15th September 2017
Abstract: In this paper, reliability analysis of framed structures are considered. Here, the uncertainties in geometry, loads and strength are considered with required distributions. The performance functions for bending stress, shear stress and deflection are derived from the finite element analysis. The performance functions are studied using Rackwitz-Fiessler algorithm and Hasofer- Lind reliability index is determined. A MATLAB program is developed for computing reliability index by using performance function and the statistical data
- Achintya Haldar, Shankar Mahadevan,“ Probability, Reliability and Statistical Methods in Engineering Design”, Jhon Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York.
- André T. Beck and André S. D, “Reliability Analysis of I-Section Steel Columns Designed According to New Brazilian Building Codes”, Journal of Brazilian society of mechanical science and engineering vol.xxx no.2, Brazil 2008, pp.152- 159.
- Bhatnagar S.D, Sehgal V.K & Krishan Gopa, “Computational Technique for Reliability Analysis and Design of Steel Beam”, International Journal of Information Technology and Knowledge Management vol.2, India, 2010, pp.511-513
- Fiessler. B, Neumann, H.J., and Rackwitz, R. “Quadratic Limit States in Structural Reliability”. Journal of Engineering Mechanics,ASCE, Vol. 1095. No. 4, pp.. 661-676, 1979.
- Hamed Abshari, M. Reza Emami Azadi and Madjid Sadegh Azar, ”Reliability Analysis of Steel Structures under Buckling Load in Second-order Theory”, Advances in Research 2(12), Iran,2014, pp.950-966.
- Manjunath G.S, Dr. K Manjunath, Sandeep Kumar D.S, “Probability Failure of Steel Structure”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology vol.2, India, 2012, pp.569-672.
- Mohammad Masoud Azhdari Moghaddam & Medi Moudi, “Analysis of Beam Failure Based on Reliability System Theory Using Monte Carlo Simulation Method” International Conference on Applied Computer Science, Iran,pp.516-519.