Author : K.Haribabu 1
Date of Publication :30th September 2017
Abstract: Highly diverse customer demand has changed the way of doing business. Modern business model are working with new economy. This project work gives an account of variation reduction in Plate Weight by using Variable Search method. Based on previous months analysis of data, it was found that major rejections are due to the variations of grids produced in the strip pasting .The root causes are to be found out by using the variable search method and the results are to be validated .With the results of this approach, modifications are to be carried out .The ultimate aim of this project is to reduce the rejections drastically from 35% to 7% ,and thereby improving the overall productivity of the plant. In the present case study, Variable search technique has been applied to Plate Weight rejection.
- Manual on Total Productive Maintenance By Mr.J.Anjaneyulu, Confederation of Indian Industry (Southern Region) 1999.
- Material on World Wide Trends in Maintenance Management By Col SK Murthy & S.K. Vaish, Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad. 2002
- Total Quality Management Principles, Practice and Cases By Dr. D.D. Sharma, Sultan Chand & Sons, New Delhi. 2001.
- Manufacturing Organization and Management-VI Edition By Harold T. Amrine; John A. Ritchey; Colin L. Moodie & Joseph F. Kmec. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632
- Quality Planning and Analysis by J.M.Juran & Frank M.Gryna, Third Edition, Tata McGraw –Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi.
- Technical Manual - Wirtz Manufacturing Company Inc.
- Allen Bradley & Siemens Drives Manuals.
- Battery Technology Handbook, Second Edition (Electrical and Computer Engineering) by H.A. Kiehne
- Battery Reference Book By Thomas P J Crompton.