Author : AnjumAnwarShaik 1
Date of Publication :30th April 2017
Abstract: The study is intended to investigate mechanical properties of LM6 based metal matrix composite, where Albite particulates are character enhancing reinforcement. Composites were fabricated by chill casting process utilizing copper as a chill. Specimens were prepared as per ASTM standards at different weight percentages of Albite varied from 0 to 12 with an increment of 3. The microstructure study clearly indicates the uniform distribution of Albite particulate in matrix alloy. These results revealed that increase in weight percentage of Albite as reinforcement in LM6 matrix alloy increases the tensile strength, compressive strength and hardness giving rise to the improved microstructure of composite.
- Maria mrazova, ADVANCED COM MATERIALS OF THE FUTURE IN AEROSPACE INDUSTRY, INCAS BULLETIN, Volume 5, Issue 3/2013 http://http: //bulletin .incas. ro/files/mrazova_m__v5_iss_3_full.pdf
- Madhu Kumar YC, Uma Shankar. Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Aluminum Alloy 6061-Glass Particulates reinforced Metal Matrix Composites, page 3207. Vol.2, Issue.5, Sep.-Oct. 2012 pp-3207-3209 http://www.ijmer.com/papers/Vol2_Issue5/AP253207320 9.pdf.
- Das S. Development of Aluminum alloy Composites for Engineering Applications”, (August 2004), “Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 325-334. http://www.igcar.ernet.in/transiim/2004/TP-1897.pdf
- Rohatgi P K, Cast aluminum-matrix composites for automotive applications, JOM (April, 1991), Volume 43, Issue 4, pp 10–15, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF03220538
- Saravanan,K. Subramanian,V. Ananda Krishnan,R. Sankara Narayanan, Effect of Particulate Reinforced Aluminum Metal Matrix Composite Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering, c Lodz University of Technology page29C.,Vol. 19, No. 1 (2015) 23–30 1 (2015) 23–30 http://www.kdm.p.lodz.pl/articles/2015/19_1_3.pdf
- N. Chawla, J.J. Williams, G. Piotrowski, and R. Saha (2001), “Tensile and fatigue fracture of Discontinuously Reinforced Aluminum”, Advances in Fracture Research, pp16. http://www.gruppofrattura.it/ocs/index.php/ICF/ICF 10/paper/download/4993/7000
- Sourav Kayala, R. Beherab*, G.Sutradhara. Mechanical properties of the as-cast silicon carbide particulate reinforced Aluminium alloy Metal Matrix Composites. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology ISSN 2277 - 4106, 2277 - 4106, http://inpressco.com/wpcontent/uploads/2012/11/Paper83 18-3221.pdf
- Ramesh, J. N. Prakash , A. S. Shiva Shankare Gowda Sonnappa Appaiah. Comparison of the Mechanical Properties of AL6061/Albite and AL6061/Graphite Metal Matrix Composites,A,j once.org,Vol. 8, No.2, pp 93-106, 2009.