Author : Ryo Sasaki 1
Date of Publication :13th December 2017
Abstract: Although the seismic response reduction effect with load sliding (slide effect) is not considered in general structural design, consideration of this effect may contribute to a more rational design. In the present study, seismic response analyses were performed on an analytical model while varying certain parameters to obtain the basic characteristics of the slide effect on a warehouse. Based on the analytical results, the design load used both for the structural design and for calculating the seismic forces acting on a warehouse was estimated
- N. Ogawa, “Seismic response of frame structures with movable loads,” Journal of structural and construction engineering, No. 370, pp. 28-39, Dec. 1986. (in Japanese).
- K. Takanashi, K. Ohi, G. Hong, and X. Gao, “Analysis and shaking table tests of frame structures with sliping live load: Response analysis and shaking table test of a block load,” Proceeding of architectural research meetings, Kanto chapter, Architectural Institute of Japan, Structural system, No. 58, pp. 141-144, June 1987. (in Japanese).
- J. Paul Smith-Pardo, Juan C. Reyes, Oscar A. ArdilaGiraldo, Luis Ardila-Bothia, and J. Nicolas VillamizarGonzalez, “Dynamic effect of sliding rigid blocks on the seismic response of structures,” Second European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology, Istanbul, 25-29 Aug. 2014
- J. Paul Smith-Pardo, Juan C. Reyes, Luis Ardila-Bothia, J. Nicolas Villamizar-Gonzalez, and Oscar A. ArdilaGiraldo, “Effect of live load on the seismic design of singlestory storage structures under unidirectional horizontal ground motions,” Journal of engineering structures, Vol. 93, pp. 50-60, June 2015.
- R. Sasaki and K. Yamagishi, “Fundamental experiment of seismic response reduction effect related to the structure using loads slipping,” Journal of Structural Engineering, Architectural Institute of Japan, Vol. 63B, pp. 303-316, Mar. 2017. (in Japanese).
- R. Sasaki and K. Yamagishi, “Energy balance of structural system with load sliding,” Proceeding of the international conference on civil and structural engineering, Malacca, Sep. 2017.
- R. Sasaki and K. Yamagishi, “Fundamental experiment and analytical study of seismic response reduction effect with load sliding of an elastoplastic frameadditive damping ratio by load sliding-,” Proceeding of the international conference on structure in architecture and building technologies, Istanbul, Oct. 2017.
- K. Takanashi and X. Gao, “Earthquake resistant design of single story frame with sliding floor load, Summaries of technical papers of annual meeting, Architectural Institute of Japan, B, Structures I, pp. 47-48, Sep. 1989. (in Japanese).
- K. Yamagishi, “Study of seismic response reduction effect of building by load sliding,” Research report of Hokuriku chapter, Architectural Institute of Japan, No. 58, pp. 102-105, July 2015. (in Japanese).
- S. Iizuka, T. Kasamatsu, and H. Noguchi, “Analytical study on the joint of RC column and S beam structures,” Proceeding of the Japan Concrete Institute, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 1235 - 1240, June 1994. (in Japanese).