Author : Srinivas. D 1
Date of Publication :30th November 2017
Abstract: A heat sink device for use with a thermal load of 20W, the temperature of the heat source rises by 100C dissipating heat into the atmosphere. Heat sink performance is measured in 0C /W.ie rating of 100C/20W,=0.50C/W. A cooling unit comprising a heat radiating plate and an electric fan device. The heat radiating copper base plate has a thermal conductivity of 400W/mK and comprises a heat receiving portion an Aluminum fin with a thermal conductivity of 205W/mK and a heat exchanging portion,(fan) which are arranged side by side. Tapered solid fin configuration has been considered for testing by experimental and CFD simulation methods. With base of 5mm&tip dimensions varying as 1.5mm,2.00mm,2.5mm.
- S,Lee et al. 1995 IEEE.
- Antohe et al., 1996.
- Bastawros, A.F., Evans, A.G.1997.
- Camidi and Mahajan, 2000. Sultan, 2000;
- M.Shimada et al.: Furukawa Electric Review, 108 (2001) 23.
- El-Sayed et al., 2002: M.Oomi et al.: Furukawa Review, 21 (2002) 69.
- Kim et al., 2003;Rodgers and Eveloy (2003) Hsieh et al., 2004.
- Dempsey et al. (2005), Emori et al.: OFC’99, PD19.
- Bhattacharya, A., Mahajan, R.L.,2006. Transactions of the ASME: Journal of Electronics Packaging Yazawa et al.2006
- Incropera, F.P., DeWit, D.P., 2007. fundamentals of heat and mass transfer, 6th edition, John Wiley& Sons.
- Duan and Muzychka (2006, 2007). Banerjee et al., 2008,Geisler, 2009
- Optimum heat sink Design and Selection at IJIAEM,2013