Author : D. Kumaravel 1
Date of Publication :30th November 2017
Abstract: This research work deals with the experimental investigation of the composite material of aluminium with fly ash. Aluminium material grade 6063 is chosen for this investigation of metal matrix composites. There has been an increasing interest in composites containing low density and low-cost reinforcements. Fly ash is low-cost material available in large quantities which are obtained from the combustion of coal in power plants. Hence, composites with fly ash as reinforcement are likely to overcome the cost barrier for widespread applications in automotive and small engine applications. By using stir casting method, the composite can be obtained with aluminium. We used the composite material to make a much effective prototype or mechanical structure having very good mechanical properties. Properties of composite materials completely depend on the method used to produce it. Aluminium with Fly ash materials were fabricated using Stir casting method. After composite matrix, the materials are observed and investigated. Dry sliding wear behaviour of the composites in the cast conditions is studied at different loads with the help of Pin-On-Disc wear test machine. Finally, mechanical properties such as hardness and tensile strength have been investigated.
- Anilkumar H.C., Hebbar H.S. and Ravishankar K.S., “Mechanical properties Of Fly Ash Reinforced Aluminium Alloy (al6061) Composites”, IJMME, 2011, Vol.6, Issue.1, pp. 41-45.
- AnandhaMoorthy. A, Dr. N. Natarajan, R. Siva Kumar, M. Manoj Kumar, M. Suresh, “ Dry Sliding Wear and Mechanical Behaviour of Aluminium/Fly ash/Graphite Hybrid Metal Matrix Composite Using Taguchi Method”, IJMER, 2012, Vol.2, Issue.3,pp-1224-1230.
- Arun Kumar M. B. and R. P.Swamy, “Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of al6061, Fly Ash and e-glass Fibre Reinforced Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites”, ARPN, 2011, Vol.6, Issue.5.
- Anilkumar H. C, H. Suresh Hebbar, “ Effect of Particle Size of Fly Ash on Mechanical and Tribological Properties of Aluminium alloy (Al6061) Composites and Their Correlations”, IJMSE, 2013, Vol. 3, Issue.1.
- Garg. T. K., “Preparation & Analysis for Some Mechanical Property of Aluminium Based Metal Matrix Composite Reinforced with Sic & Fly Ash”, IJERA, 2012, vol.2, issue6, pp.727 -731.
- Lokesh G. N., M. Ramachandra, K. V. Mahendra, T. Sreenith, “ Characterization of Al -Cu alloy reinforced fly ash metal matrix composites by squeeze casting method”, IJEST, 2013,Vol.5,Issue.4.
- Mahendra K. V., T. Sreenith, “ Characterization of Al - Cu alloy reinforced fly ash metal matrix composites by squeeze casting method”, IJEST, 2013,Vol.5,Issue.4.
- Mahendra Boopathi, M., K.P. Arulshri and N. Iyandurai,“Evaluation of Mechanical Properties Of Aluminium Alloy 2024Reinforced With Silicon Carbide And Fly Ash Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites”, American Journal of Applied Sciences,2013
- . Motgi B.S., R Patil, “A Study on Mechanical Properties of Fly Ash and Alumina Reinforced Aluminium Alloy (LM25) Composites”, IOSR,Vol. 7, Issue 6, 2013, pp.41-46.
- Prashant Kumar Suragimath, Dr. G. K. Purohit, “A Study on Mechanical Properties of Aluminium Alloy (LM6) Reinforced with SiC and Fly Ash”, International Organization of Scientific Research, 2014, vol.8 issue-6.
- Prasad.K.N.P, M.Ramachandra, “Effect of Squeeze Pressure on The Hardness and Wear Resistance of Aluminium Fly Ash Composite Manufactured by StirSqueeze Casting”, IJEI, 2013, vol.3, issue 4, pp.01-08.
- Prasad.K.N.P, M. Ramachandra, “Evaluation Of Factors Affecting Sliding Wear Behaviour Of Al-Fly Ash Metal Matrix Composites By Using Design Of Experiments”, IJMER, 2013, Vol.3, Issue 5, pp 2591-2599.
- Sreenivasa Reddy.M, Dr. Soma V. Chetty, Dr.Sudheer Premkumar, “Evaluation of Hardness and Tensile Properties of Al 7075 Based Composite”, IJAER, 2012, Vol.3, Issue.1.
- Selvi.S, Dr. Rajasekar.E, Sathish kumar. M, Ramkumar. B, “Theoretical and Experimental Investigations of Mechanical Properties of Aluminum based Metal Matrix Composite”, Engineering Science and Technology: AnInternational Journal, 2013,vol.3.no.2.