Author : Abhishek Kumar 1
Date of Publication :30th November 2017
Abstract: The effects of Benzofuran-2-carboxylic acid (BF) & Amla (Emblica officinal is) leaves aqueous extract as a corrosion inhibitor, behaviour of mild steel has been investigated in hydrochloric acid solutions containing Experiments were performed by weight loss method for different time intervals and at room temperature. The inhibition efficiency of Benzofuran-2-carboxylic acid was found to increase with inhibitor concentration and also in the presence of sodium bromide and sodium iodide. Inhibition efficiency was found to increase with increasing concentration of inhibitor (0.2 g /l to 10 g/l) for 6 hours at room temperature. The maximum inhibition efficiency of Emblica officinal is leaving 87 % in 1 N Hydrochloric acid. From the comparative studies, it was investigated that the corrosion inhibition efficiency of Emblica officinal is leaves aqueous extract is approximately equal to that of Benzofuran-2-carboxylic acid in hydrochloric acid. This may be due to the presence of wide variety of compounds like tannins, alkaloids and phenols in Emblica officinal is a plant. The adsorption process was found to obey the Langmuir adsorption isotherm.
- Abdel Hamid.Z. Anti- Corros Meth Mater., 44 (1997) 389.
- Ajmal M, Rawath J and Quraishi MA, Anti- Corros Meth Mater., 45 (1998), 419.
- Abida begum , Harikrishna, Veena K and Irfanulla Khan, E J Chem., 5 (2008) 774.
- Quarishi M A, Rawat J and Ajmal M, Corrosion and its control, Proceedings, Int. Conf. Corrosion , 2 (1997) 634
- Ronggang Hu, Andreas Ornberg, and Jinshen Pan, J. Electrochem. Soc., (2009) 156.
- S. K. A. Ali, M. T. Saeed, S. V. Rahman, Corros, Sci., 45 (2003) 253. Abida begum and Harikrishna S, Synergistic effect of addition of Ni2+ and Cu2+ in the presence of halides on the corrosion inhibition behaviour of mild steel using Schiff’s Base as inhibitor Proceedings of the national Symposium on Electrochemical science and technology, IISc., 2010, 23.
- Abida Begum, Rosmarinus Officinalis L. herb as Corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in sulphuric acid medium, International journal of pharmaceutical science research and review, 2011, 10 (1),167-169.
- Subhashini S, Rajalakshmi R, Prathiba A, Mathina A , Corrosion Mittigating effect of Cyamopsis Tetragonaloba Seed Extract on mild steel in acid medium, E J Chem, 4, 2010 1133-1137.
- Abida Begum, Evaluation of plants and weeds extract on the Corrosion inhibition of mild steel in Sulphuric Acid E Journal of Chemistry 2011,8(S1), S488-S494.
- HariKrishna S, Abida Begum and Karthiyayini Roy, Performance of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) seed extract as inhibitor on mild steel under corrosive medium- A statistical view, International Journal of ChemTech, Vol.5, No.4 April-June 2013 , 1829-1934
- Habib-ur-Rehman, Yasin KA, Choudhary MA, Khaliq N, Atta-ur-Rahman, Choudhary MI, Malik S (2007). Studies on the chemical constituents of Phyllanthus emblica. Nat Prod Res 21:775–781.
- Surbhi Sharma1, Ram Bharose2 S.K. Agarawal2 and Krishan Pal1 2012, Antibacterial Activities against different selective MIC Extraction of Amla , IJPharma Professional Research, 3,3, 0976-6723,p680-684.