Author : Dr.M.Devi 1
Date of Publication :31st December 2017
Abstract: Properly graded quarry sand can be effectively utilized as fine aggregate to meet the intensifying demand of river sand in the construction industry. The use of Portland cement in concrete has significant greenhouse gas implications and this can be reduced by partial replacement of cement with supplementary cementing materials such as fly ash and GGBFS. This study focused on investigating the suitability of quarry dust as a replacing material(100%) for river sand and significance of fly ash as a partial replacement for cement. The objective of this work is to study the strength and corrosion resistive properties of fly ash blended quarry dust concrete. The partial replacement of fly ash was done at the levels of 10% to 50% by weight of cement. The resistance to corrosion was evaluated by means of impressed voltage technique in a saline medium, rapid chloride penetration test (RCPT), weight loss method and Scanning Electron Microscopic (SEM) analysis. The optimum percentage of replacement has arrived from the test results.
- Ilangovan, R. and Nagamani, K., . “Application of quarry Rock dust as fine aggregate in concrete construction”, National Journal on construction Management:NICMR. Pune, pp. 5-13, 2006.
- Ilangovan, R. and Nagamani, K. “Studies on Strength and Behavior of Concrete by using Quarry Dust as Fine Aggregate”, CE and CR Journal, New Delhi, pp. 40-42, 2006.
- Ilangovan, R., Mahendrana, N. and Nagamani, K, “Strength and durability properties of concrete containing quarry rock dust as fine aggregate”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Science, Vol;.3, No.5, pp 20- 26,2008.
- Sahu, A.K., Sunil Kumar and Sachan, A.K., “Quarry stone waste as fine aggregate for concrete”, The Indian concrete journal. pp. 845-848. 2003
- Hameed, M. S. and Sekar, A. S. S., . “Properties of green concrete containing quarry rock dust and Marble sludge powder as fine aggregates”, ARPN journal of Engineering and applied Science, VoI.4, No.4, pp 83-89,2009.
- Nagaraj, T.S. and Zahida Banu, , “Efficient Utilization of rock dust and pebbles as Aggregates in Portland Cement Concrete”, The Indian Concrete Journal. pp. 53-56, 1996.
- Naidu, R.S. Zain, M.F.M. and Ang, S.E., . “Compressive strength and pull-out force of concrete incorporating quarry dust and mineral admixtures”, RILEM Proceedings 32: Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Concrete and Structure, Xuzhou, China, 2003.
- Murugesan, R., Chitra, N.R. and Saravanakumar, P. “Effect of partial replacement of sand by Quarry Dust in concrete with and without Super plasticizer” Proceedings of the National conference on Concrete Technology for the future, pages, pp. 167-170,2006. Senyorita segraphgrap