Author : Mahyar Maali 1
Date of Publication :31st December 2017
Abstract: Structural steel is commonly used as construction material. Therefore, it is needed to understand the structural behaviour of the connection. This study presents an experimental study on the behaviour of top and seat T connections with different stiffeners and different Dimensions. four full scale semi-rigid steel top and seat T connections were tested. The aim of this study was to analyze the influence of top and seat T connections based on the IPE 140 standard profile, stiffener thickness (t) of connections, and Width (X) of top and seat T connections on the behavior of steel connections, to provide the necessary data for improving Eurocode 3 and enable efficient use of residue IPE standard profiles and back to the consumption cycle.
- Tanojo E, Pudjisuryadi P, Candra B P, William W. Design capacity tables for structural steel based on SNI 03- 1729-2002: built-up sections. Procedia Engineering 125 (2015 ) 1142 – 1148.
- Maali M, Kılıç M, Sagiroglu M, Aydın A.C., "Experimental Model for Predicting the Semi-Rigid Connections’ Behaviour with Angles and Stiffeners", Advances in Structural Engineering 2017, vol20, ıssue 6, pp. 884-895.
- Maali M, Kılıç M, Aydın A.C, "Experimental Model of the Behaviour of Bolted Angles Connections with Stiffeners", Int. Journal of Steel Structures, 16(3):1-15, 2016.
- Aydın AC, Kılıç M, Maali M, Sağıroğlu M, Experimental Assessment of the Semi-rigid Connections Behavior with Angles and Stiffeners. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 114, 2015, pp.338-348.
- Piluso, V., Rizzano, G., 2008. Experimental analysis and modelling of bolted T-stubs under cyclic loads. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 64(6), 655–69.
- Coelho, Ana M. Girao., Bijlaard, Frans S.K., Gresnigt, Nol., Silva, Luı´s Simo˜es da.,2004. Experimental assessment of the behaviour of bolted T-stub connections made up of welded Plates,Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 60, 269–311.
- Bose B, Youngson GK, Wang ZM,. 1996. An appraisal of the design rules in Eurocode 3 for bolted end plate joints by comparison with experimental results, Proceedings from the Institute of Civil Engineers Structures and Buildings.
- Bose B, Sarkar S, Bahrami M. 1991. Finite Element Analysis of unstiffened extended end plate connections.” Structural Engineering Review; 3, 211-224.