Author : Bijayanand Patnaik 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Road Transport is a critical infrastructure for economic development of a country. It influences the pace, structure and pattern of development. The capacity of National Highways in term of handling traffic (passenger and goods) needs to be in keeping pace with the industrial growth. India is having one of the largest road networks of over 46.99 lakh km. It comprises National Highways, Expressways, State Highways, Major District Roads, Other District Roads and Village Roads. A growing demand for passenger and public transport have led to a significant increase in air pollution and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. A study conducted by the Central Pollution Control Board (New Delhi, India) in six cities – Delhi, Kanpur, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, and Mumbai, concluded that the transport sector contributes to more than 30 percent of the ambient air quality in these cities – either directly from the vehicle exhaust or indirectly via the re-suspension of dust on roads due to vehicular movement. The health impacts of air pollution from the transportation sector are significant – and the nature of the issue is that those areas with the most population density are most affected. The government has taken many initiatives for green highways. By using a live case study project we have implemented a credit system for Green Highway system.
- Amruta Sadanand Tapashetti, S Vijaya, B Shivakumara Swamy “Seismic Pounding Effect in Building”, International Journal of Advancement in Engineering Technology, Management And Applied Science(2014), ISSN No. 2349-3224.
- M.A. Somwanshi, M.A. Bhokare, V.S. Nakhate, D.A. Khandare “Seismic Pounding and Vulnerability to the High Rise Building Structures”, IARJSET Vol. 4 Special Issue 3 January, 2017
- Puneeth Kumar MS, S Karuna“ Effect of seimic Pounding Between Adjacent Buildng And Mitigation Measures. IJRET ISSN : 2319-1163 / P-ISSN: 23217308
- PradeepKaranth, Ravindranatha “Pounding Effect in Building”, Vol 5 Building Special Issue 9, May 2016. IJIRS.
- Kasaiah.A,” Seismic Pounding Analysis”, IJCSIET ISSN2277-4408
- S. Naserkhaki ands. Daneshvarghorbani, “ Heavier Adjacent Building Pounding Due To Earthquake Excitation”,ASIAN JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING (BHRC) VOL. 14, NO. 2 (2013) PAGES 349-367. 7. C.V.R. Murthy “Earthquake tips IITK, India,NICEE
- Green Highway: A Future Requirement, Manika Barar, Deptt of chemistry, SIMT College Meerut.U.P India, International Journal of TechnoChem Research.
- SUSTAINABLE STREETS AND HIGHWAYS: AN ANALYSIS OF GREEN ROADS RATING SYSTEMS, by Ana Athalia Plaut Eisenman, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- T. James ,M. Bryce ,Exploring the Development and Implementation of a Green Highway Rating System, University of Missouri,2008 ASTM August 7, 2008
- C.R. Suresh, Green highway ratings for existing NH& SH in Tamilnadu – a case study, JCPS Volume 8 Issue 4, December 2015
- Rajiv Kumar, Amar D.D., Ryntathiang T.L. “Green Road Approach for the Sustainable Development in India”, European Journal of Sustainable Development (2013)
- http://http :// www. indiaenvironmentportal.org.in /content /415319 /green- highways- plantation- maintenance- policy2015/