Author : Dr. Rajneesh Kaushal 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: The objective of the present study is to enhance the heat transfer & efficiency of the Heat Pipe based Evacuated Tube water heater. Heat Pipe based Evacuated Tube collector is made of Borosilicate glass of 58 mm outside diameter and 49 mm inside diameter and length of 1800 mm. The Heat pipe of Evacuated Tube collector is made of copper with length 2000 mm and 12 mm outside diameter and 10 mm inside diameter. The experimental set up is situated 29° 58ˈ N and 76° 53ˈ E at NIT Kurukshetra. The results expressed that Heat Pipe based Evacuated Tube water heater is more efficient than without Heat Pipe based Evacuated Tube Water heater. The Heat Pipe based Evacuated Tube collector efficiency is 72 % and water outlet temperature is 64°C in summer and 52°C in winter. The present research is also focused on the use of various fluids in Heat Pipe.
- Boyle, G., Renewable energy: power for a sustainable future. 1997: Taylor & Francis.
- Leong, K., H. C. Ong, et al. (2016). "An overview on current application of nanofluids in solar thermal collector and its challenges." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 53: 1092-1105
- Kumar, R. and M.A. Rosen, A critical review of photovoltaic–thermal solar collectors for air heating. Applied Energy, 2011. 88(11): p. 3603-3614.
- Javadi, F., R. Saidur, and M. Kamalisarvestani, Investigating performance improvement of solar collectors by using nanofluids. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2013. 28: p. 232-245.
- Tian, Y. and C.-Y. Zhao, A review of solar collectors and thermal energy storage in solar thermal applications. Applied Energy, 2013. 104: p. 538-553.
- Du, B., E. Hu, and M. Kolhe, An experimental platform for heat pipe solar collector testing. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2013. 17: p. 119-125.
- Hlaing, S. and M. M. Soe (2012). "Design calculation and heat transfer analysis of heat pipe evacuated tube solar collector for water heating." International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR) 1: 1-5.
- http://www.apricus.com/html/solar collector size.htm, 2007.