Author : Neeraj Chodankar 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: In the recent years, severe plastic deformation (SPD) has been increasingly used as a material processing method for producing nanostructured materials. However, most of the SPD processes are time consuming and require repetitive routes to obtain the envisaged nanostructure. Severe plastic deformation through large strain deformation machining is a unique method that produces nanostructured materials in a single step. In the present work, large strain deformation machining of a titanium alloy, Ti-6Al-4V, is studied by employing various machining parameters.
- Tatsuro Morita, Kei Hatsuoka, Takashi Iizuka and Kazuhiro Kawasaki, “Strengthening of Ti–6Al–4V Alloy by short-time duplex heat treatment” Materials Transactions, vol. 46, No. 7, pp. 1681 – 1686, 2005.
- Zhonggang Suna, Wenlong Zhoua and Hongliang Hou, Strengthening of Ti–6Al–4V alloys by thermo hydrogen processing, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 34, Issue 4, pp 1971-1976, February 2009.
- A. Amanov, B. Urmanov, T.Amanov and Y.S. Pyun, “Strengthening of Ti-6Al-4V alloy by high temperature ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification technique”, Materials Letters, vol. 196, pp 198-201, 2017
- M. R. Shankar, S. Chandrasekar, A. H. King and W. D. Compton, “Microstructure and stability of nanocrystalline aluminum 6061 created by large strain machining", Acta Mater., vol.53, pp. 4781–4793, 2005
- Wangfan Zhou, Xudong Ren, Fanfan Liu, Yunpeng Ren and Lin Li, “Nanocrystallization in the Duplex Ti-6Al-4V Alloy Processed by Multiple Laser Shock Peening”, Metals, vol. 6, 297, 2016.