Author : M. Krishna 1
Date of Publication :17th May 2017
Abstract: The availability and maintainability of a machine or equipment is the most important parameter in deciding the performance level of any organization. Hence, the managers would be very much interested to keep their machines or equipment available for maximum Hours without any failures. Also proper maintenance of machine or equipment and its periodic conditioning play a vital role in restoring the system after a repair. All these necessitate every manager and engineer to focus on availability and maintainability of machine or equipment. This study was taken up to evaluate the availability and maintainability of TSRTC buses to improve the profits and to minimize the customer dissatisfaction. The data regarding the bus failures for the period of one year has been collected and MTBF and MTTR have been calculated for each bus separately which are essential in finding the availability and maintainability. The results have been categorized as high, medium and low, and arranged in the matrix as a cluster based on their results. The focus on the buses which are at most extremities in the matrix may considerably maximize the availability and also the profits to the organization.
- Dr. N.V.S. Raju “Plant maintenance and Reliability Engineering”, Cengage Learning-2011.
- Wayne Nelson, “Graphical Analysis of System Repair Data”, Journal of Quality Technology, USA, Vol.20, No.1, pp 24-35, January 1988.
- Rigdon.S.E, Basu A.D, “The power Law ProcessA model for the Reliability of Reparable systems”, Journal of Quality Technology, vol.21,1989.
- E.E.Lewis, “Introduction to Reliability Engineering”, John Wiley,1989.
- Mobley, “Reliability centered Maintenance” - 2004.
- Al-Najja, 1995, Mobley 2004, Lindsey & Darrin, 2000. Maintenance Theory
- Maintainability-Kaduna Polytechnic, 2001.
- D.Bose, G.Ghosh, K.Mandal, S.P.Sau, S.Kunar, Measurement and Evaluation of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability of a Diesel Locomotive EngineInternational Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 9, September 2013 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
- Morteza Soleimani, Mohammad PourgolMohammad, Ali Rostami and Ahmad Ghanbari, Design for Reliability of Complex System, A Case Study of Horizontal Drilling Equipment with Limited Failure Data Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Journal of Quality and Reliability Engineering