Author : Mohan N C 1
Date of Publication :14th November 2017
Abstract: Structural safety with the minimum weight is the requirement in the aircraft design and development process. A small size passenger aircraft wing front spar design is considered in the current study. Spars are the principal structural members of a wing, they correspond to the longerons of the fuselage, they run parallel to the lateral axis of the aircraft from the fuselage toward the tip of the wing. The research work includes a parametric study of the wing front spar by varying the sections and material used for the front spar. This current project outlines the wing front spar considered as a beam with several stations, and the design is carried out for the external Bending Moment at each station. A finite element approach is used to verify the calculated stresses developed at each station for a given bending moment Linear static analysis is used for the stress analysis.
- Process-Mechanical Properties Relationship for an Aircraft Wing Spar: Comparison of Prepreg, Lri and Rfitechniques Pascal Casari, Bernard Stervinou, Peter Davies, Dominique Choqueuse.
- Finite Element Analysis of Inter Spar Ribs of Composite Wing of Light Transport Aircraft against Brazier Load Polagangu James, D. Murali Krishna, Gaddikeri Kotresh and Byji Varughese.
- Study of Weight Optimization on Spar Beam for the Wing of an Aircraft N.Maheswaran S.P.Venkatesan M.S.Sampath Kumar G.Velmurugan N.Sathishkumar M.Priya.
- Optimization Of Aircraft Wing With Composite Material Shabeer Kp1 , Murtaza M A
- Optimal Topology of Aircraft Rib and Spar Structures under Aeroelastic Loads Bret K. Stanford.
- Statistic and Dynamic Analysis of Typical Wing Structure of Aircraft using Nastran. Mr. Pritish Chitte, Mr. P. K. Jadhav, Mr. S. S. Bansode.
- Design and Structural Analysis of the Ribs and Spars of Swept Back Wing Mohamed Hamdan A, Nithiyakalyani S.
- Analysis Of The wing box With Spliced Skin and Estimation of the Fatigue Life For The wing box S Sarath1, Jason Cherian Issac and K E Garish.
- Design of an Aircraft Wing Structure for Static Analysis and Fatigue Life Prediction A. Ramesh Kumar S. R. Balakrishnan S. Balaji.
- Fatigue, residual strength and non-destructive tests of an aging aircraft’s wing detail K. Koski A. Siljander a, M. Backstrom, S. Liukkonen a, J. Juntunen a, M. Sarkimo a, K. Lahdenpera J. Tikka b, R. Lahtinen.