Author : S.B.Bakhade 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Soil stabilization has become the useful solution to treat the weak soil to achieve the required engineering properties. Soil stabilization by adding materials such as cement, lime, bitumen, etc. is the effective method for improving the geotechnical properties of soil which have been applied for many years now. This research is intended to study the effect of adding nanomaterials (nano-copper and nano-silica) on geotechnical properties of soil especially Atterbergs limit, compaction characteristics, unconfined compressive strength, CBR value and swelling pressure. Nanomaterials were mixed with soil in three different percentages (i.e. 1, 1.5, 2.5 % and 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 % by weight of soil). Based on obtained results, in order to reach the maximum increase in strength parameters, the optimum nano-copper and nano-silica content occur at 1.5 % and 0.6 %.
- P. VenkaraMuthyalu, K. Ramu and G.V.R. Prasada Raju (2012), “Study on Performance of Chemically StabilizedExpansive Soil”, International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 1, 139-148.
- Mamdouh A. Kenawi and Ahmed O. Kamel (2013), “Durability of Expansive Soil Treated by Chemical Additives”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT),Volume 3, Issue 1,315- 319.
- Brajesh Mishra (2013), “A Study on Engineering Behavior of Black Cotton Soil and its Stabilization by Use of Lime”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 4, Issue 11, 290-294.
- J. M. Raut, S. P. Bajad and S. R. Khadeshwar (2014), “Stabilization of Expansive Soils Using Flyash and Murrum”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, Issue 6, 4563-14568.
- S.V. Neethu and S. Remya (2013), “Engineering Behaviour of Nanoclay Stabilized Soil”, Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference, Roorkee, 1-7.
- Mostafa Mohammadi and MohammadrezaNiazian (2013), “Investigation of Nano-clay Effect on Geotechnical Properties of Rasht Clay”, International journal of advanced scientific and technical research, volume 3, Issue 3, 37- 46.
- R. Priyadharshini and P. D. Arumairaj (2015), “Improvement of Bearing Capacity of Soft Clay Using Nanomaterials”, International Journal of Scientific Research, Volume: 4 Issue: 6, 218-221.
- P. Hareesh and Mr. R. Vinothkumar (2016), “Assessment of Nano Materials on Geotechnical properties of Clayey Soils”,International Conference on Engineering Innovations and Solutions, 66-71.