Author : Kanchan S Takale 1
Date of Publication :16th January 2018
Abstract: Cold formed steel is widely used in Pre-engineered buildings. It has gained popularity for its unique features of lightweight, better and standard connections, faster execution, etc. However, larger variations in the moment of inertias with respect to X and Y axis have led to distortional buckling in the members. Cold formed purlins have depths 100 times to that of its thicknesses. This has promoted lateral torsional buckling in the member for the unbraced length of the purlins. Use of sag rods is a widely adopted technique to curb the lateral torsional buckling in the member. This paper discusses a detailed review of the literature on deformations in cold formed Zed profiles, their comparisons and conclusions. The data generated through the literature survey will help to generate better and well-defined configurations of Z purlins and stable models for analysis.
- A. Venkata, P. Manoj, M. T. Student, T. Nadu, and T. Nadu, “FLEXURAL BEHAVIOUR OF LIGHT GAUGE COLD FORMED STEEL „ Z ‟ AND „ HAT ,‟” vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 662–669, 2017.
- A. H. Favero Neto, L. C. M. Vieira, and M. Malite, “Strength and stiffness of cold-formed steel purlins with sleeved and overlapped bolted connections,” Thin-Walled Struct., vol. 104, pp. 44–53, 2016.
- L. Zhang and G. S. Tong, “Lateral buckling of Csection purlins with one anti-sag bar at middle span section,” Thin-Walled Struct., vol. 102, pp. 246–257, 2016
- X. T. Chu, Z. M. Ye, L. Y. Li, and R. Kettle, “Local and distortional buckling of cold-formed zed-section beams under uniformly distributed transverse loads,” Int. J. Mech. Sci., vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 378–388, 2006.
- L. Kemp, P. E. Dunaiski, and W. W. Bird, “Structural behaviour of cold-formed profiles with emphasis on the zetaprofile,” J. Constr. Steel Res., vol. 34, no. 2–3, pp. 207–224, 1995.
- A. Biegus, “Causes of imminent failure damage and repair of steel building purlins,” Arch. Civ. Mech. Eng., vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 509–515, 2015.
- L. Zhang and G. S. Tong, “Lateral buckling of simply supported C- and Z-section purlins with top flange horizontally restrained,” Thin-Walled Struct., vol. 99, pp. 155–167, 2016.
- W. Ye, C. J. Wang, D. J. Mynors, K. A. Kibble, T. Morgan, and B. Cartwright, “Load-deflection behaviour of sleeved joints in modified Z purlin system,” Thin-Walled Struct., vol. 73, pp. 318–328, 2013.