Author : Gaurav K. Laigude 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: The soil is a most commonly used material in civil engineering construction works. There are different types of soil present on earth according to material property, size, texture; Black cotton soil (Expansive soil) is very fragile as compared to other soils. So to make the soil stable, soil stabilization is required to improve the engineering properties of soil, like to improve load-bearing capacity, shear strength and to reduce permeability and compressibility of the soil mass because the black cotton soil is not suitable to carry the structural load. The aim of this experiment is to determine the strength of soil by conducting following test: Liquid limit, Plastic limit, Shrinkage limit, Compaction test, Unconfined compressive test, sieve analysis. Soil will be stabilizing by varying percentage of natural sand (5%, 10%, 15%). By conducting these Experiment we can obtain the optimum water content, maximum dry density, reduce permeability and low compressibility
- V.Ramesh Babu, K.Niveditha, Dr. B. Ramesh Babu, “Stabilization of black cotton soil with sand and cement as a subgrade pavement” International journal of civil engineering and technology (IJCIET) Volume 7, issue 2, March- April 2016.
- Robert M. Brooks “Soil Stabilization with flyash and rice husk ash” International journal of research and reviews in applied science, volume 1, issue 3(December 2009)
- Ankit Singh Negi, Mohammed Faizan, Devashish Pandey Siddharth, Rehanjot singh, “Soil Stabilization using Lime” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2013
- Mrs. Neetu B. Ramteke, Prof. Anilkumar Saxena, Prof. T. R. Arora, “Stabilization of black cotton soil with sand and cement as a subgrade for pavement” International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) June 2014.
- Dr K. R. Arora Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering,, Laxmi Publications.
- Bahia Louafi, Ramdane Bahar “SAND: An Additive for Stabilization of Swelling Clay Soils” International Journal of Geosciences, 2012.
- IS: 2720 (Part 4, 5, 8 &16) “Methods of test for soils” Indian Standards. Md. Mahmud Hasan Mamun et.al. “Improvement of Sub Base Soil Using Sand-Cement Stabilization” American Journal of Civil Engineering, ISSN: 2330-8729, 2015