Author : P.S. Randive 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Water treatment plants use a variety of chemicals to remove contaminants that affect the taste, odour, cloudiness and overall safety of the water. The natural coagulant is a natural based coagulant that can be used in coagulation process of water treatment for reducing turbidity. The paper presents the investigation of the coagulation-flocculation potential of coagulants derived from plants, such as Cactus opuntia, Kidney bean and Cicer arientinum, for removing the turbidity from synthetic turbid water prepared from local clay with the effect of Jet for mixing
- S. Azeem Unnisa, Punam Deepthi, Khagga Mukkanti, Efficiency studies with Dolichos Lablab and solar disinfection for treating turbid waters, J Environ Prot Sci 4 (2010) 8-12.
- P.Canizaries, C.Jimenez, F.Martinez, M.A.Rodrigo, and C.Saez ,The pH as a key parameter in the choice between coagulation and electro coagulation for the treatment of wastewaters,” J . Hazard.Mater, Vol 163, pp.158- 164,Feb 2009.
- A.Olesin, “Low technology water purification by bentonite clay and Moringa Oleifera seed flocculation as performed in Sudance villages: effects on Schist soma Mansoni Cerceriae. In: Water research, Vol.21, pp.517-522, May 1978.
- Yung K. (2003) Biosand Filtration: Application in the Developing World CE401 project prepared for University of Waterloo. Civil Engineering Department.
- Suleyman A. Muyibi and Lilian M. Evison, “Moringa Oleifera seeds for softening hardwater” Elsevier Science Ltd. Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 1099- 1105,
- NWAIWU N.E. and **LINGMU B., “ffect of settling time on turbidity removal using Moringa Oleifera seed powder”, Ozean Journal of Applied Sciences 4(3), ISSN 1943-2429, 2011.
- K.A. Yongabi1, D.M. Lewis1 and P.L. Harris2, “A Moringa Oleifera isinfectant-Sand Filter Integration:
- A Review of an Alternative Sustainable Technology for Household Water Treatment”, Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering, 5 (2011) 1100-1108.
- Mustapha Hassan Bichi, “A Review of the Applications of Moringa oleifera Seeds Extract inWater Treatment”, Civil and Environmental Research ISSN 2224-5790 (Paper) ISSN 2225- 0514 (Online) Vol.3, No.8, 2013