Author : S.R. Ram Prasanna 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Now a day’s vehicle population growth keeps on increasing, due to this there is more congestion among the traffic. The sudden development of economic status of people urges them to buy more vehicles, beyond their demand and this leads to congestion. This congestion causes time delay during their travel. In this study, the main objective is to reduce the congestion and travel time among the intersection using the modern simulation software technology (VISSIM 7). The traffic data among the intersection are observed manually, then the readings are given as the input for the VISSIM software and it is simulated. The simulation results were analyzed to give the perfect solution and then the solution is again simulated in that VISSIM software to know the consequence of the solution. By using this software we can able to give a solution that effectively reduces the congestion and travel time. In this project, the study area taken under consideration was Periyar Bus Stand in Madurai. The study area is a four-arm intersection with a high number of vehicular traffic.
- Hemant Kumar Sharma, Mansha Swami, Bajrang Lal Swami, speed-flow analysis for interrupted oversaturated traffic flow with heterogeneous structure for urban roads.
- S.Rajeswaran and S.Rajasekaran, Analysis of traffic flow in congested cities using cellular automata.
- Ameena Salim, Lelitha vanajakshi, and Shankar C. Subramanian, Estimation of Average Space Headway under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions.
- Aathira K Das, Krishna Saw, B K Katti, Traffic congestion modelling under mixed traffic conditions through fuzzy logic approach: an indian case study of arterial road.
- Sameed ahmed chadoo, ankit bansal and farhaad nazir, Suggestive measures travel time and congestion under heterogeneous traffic conditions connecting chaheruphagwara.
- Geetam Tiwari, Traffic Flow and Safety: Need for New Models for HeterogeneousTraffic.
- Pratik Raj, Dr. B.V.Khode, Forecasting of Traffic Simulation Model Under Heterogeneous Traffic Condition.
- Mrugesh J. Solanki, F. S. Umrigar, L. B. Zala and Amit A. Amin, Travel Time & Congestion Analysis under Heterogeneous Traffic Condition of C.B.D. Area Case Study of Surat-Rajmarg (Chowk Bazar to Delhi Gate).
- S. Vasantha Kumar and R.Sivanandan, Congestion Quantification Measures and their Applicability to Indian Traffic Conditions.
- Sruthy Henry and Bino I. Koshy, Congestion Modelling for Heterogeneous Traffic.