Author : Nakul S. Nagose 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: A suspension bridge is a type of bridge where the deck is hung below the suspension cable in vertical suspenders. The main forces are tension in cable and compression in the towers. The cable is anchored at each end of the bridge to maintain tension in this cable. Single steel wires have a 2.54 mm thick can support over half a ton without breaking. The central sag of the cable is varies from 1/10 to 1/15 of the span. The main disadvantage of aerodynamic profile may be required to prevent the bridge deck vibrating under high wind. The suspension bridge is generally not used for heavy rail traffic where high concentrated live load occurs, which adds dangerous stress to the structure. In suspension cable bridge the types of load such as dead load, live load, wind load and design parameter are determined and analyzed by using software sap2000 for different condition. In the following paper same important papers are discussed below.
- Zhang R., Soong T. And Mahmoodi P. (1989). “Seismic response of steel frame structures with added viscoelastic dampers”. Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, vol. 18, pp. 389-396.
- Guneyisi E. M., Altay G. (2007). “Seismic fragility assessment of effectiveness of viscous dampers in R/C buildings under scenario earthquakes”. Structural safety, vol. 30, pp. 461–480
- Tezcan S. S., Uluca O. (2003). “Reduction of earthquake response of plane frame buildings by viscoelastic dampers”. Engineering Structures, vol.25, pp. 1755–1761
- Chang K. C., Lin Y. Y. And Lai M. L. (1998). “Seismic analysis and design of structures with viscoelastic dampers”. ISET Journal of earthquake technology, vol. 35, pp. 143-166
- Samali B., Kwok K.C.S. (1995). “Use of viscoelastic dampers in reducing wind- and earthquake induced motion of building structures”.Engineering Structures, vol. 17, pp. 639-654
- Bhatti A. Q., Varum H. (2012) “Comparison between the visco-elastic dampers And Magnetorheological dampers and study the Effect of temperature on the damping properties”. 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, 2012
- Rai N. K., Reddy G. R., Ramanujam S., Venkatraj V., Agrawal P. “Seismic Response Control Systems for Structures”. Defence Science Journal, vol. 59, No. 3, May 2009, pp. 239-251
- CSI. Computers and Structures, Inc. SAP2000n version14, Analysis reference Manual, California, USA, 2011.
- C. Neeladharan, G. Gayathri, J. Rasigha& V. Thulasipriya “Analysis and Design of Suspension Cable Bridge” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2017.
- Alay Panchal, Dr, K. B. Parikh, Prof A. R. Darji “Long-Span Suspension Bridge: A Review” JETIR (ISSN-2349-5162), Volume 4, Issue 02, February 2017,
- Kotiya Tejal, Farhan Vahora, “Dynamic Analysis of Suspension Bridge Under Moving Load” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume: 04, Issue:04, April 2017, E-ISSN: 2395-0056, P-ISSN: 2395-0072.
- Surya Antony, P Asha Varma,, “Vertical Vibration Analysis of Suspension Bridges” International Journal of Research in Advent Technology( E-ISSN: 2321-9637) Special Issue International Conference on Technological Advancements in Structures and Construction “TASC-15,10-11 June 2015.
- Li Dongdong& Liao Xiaofang, “Modified Suspender Force Calculation Method of Suspension Bridge” Canadian Center of Science and Eduction, Modern Applied Science; Volume 8, No. 3;8 April 2014 ISSN 1913-1844, E-ISSN 1913-1852.
- Tatjana Grigorjeva & AlgirdasJuozapaitis, “Revised Engineering Method for Analysis of Behavior of Suspension Bridge with Rigid Cables and Some Aspects of Numerical Modeling”, ELSEVIER, Procedia Engineering Vol.57, Pg. 364 – 371, 11th International Conference on Modren Building Materials, Structure and Rechniques, MBMST 2013.
- Serap Altin, Kubilay Kaptan, Semih S. Tezcan,“ Dynamic Analysis of Suspension Bridges and Full Scale Testing”, Scientific Research Open Journal Of Civil Engineering, 2012, 2, 58-67, June 2012.
- Majid Barghian, Hadi Moghadasi Faridani, “Proposing a New Model of Hangers in Pedestrian Suspension Bridges to Solve Hangers Slackness Problem”, scientific research, Engineering Vol. 3, Pg. 322-330, April-2011.
- Algirdas Juozapaitis, Siim Idnurm, Gintaris Kaklauskas, Juhan Idnurm, Viktor Gribniak,“ Non-Linear Analysis of Suspension Bridges with Flexible and Rigid Cables”, Journal of Civil Engineering and management 2010,16(1):149- 154, June 2011.
- D. Richards “A Critical Analysis of the Clifton Suspension Bride” Proceeding of Bridge Engineering 2 Conference 2010 April 2010,University of Bath,UK