Author : S. D. Bhosle 1
Date of Publication :25th January 2018
Abstract: The issue of construction waste management is one that is paramount in any country, especially in developing countries. The scarcity of the availability of raw material has made it very important to study the use of recycled construction waste for newer construction projects. This review is intended to study the guidelines of construction waste management in major countries around the world and layout guidelines that are suitable for India. This will help Indian Government in solving this issue. Various countries like Australia, Germany, Ireland, United States of America, Nigeria, Indonesia, South Korea information and their policies regarding the building materials and construction are studied. They have an environmental impact at every step of the building process and extraction of raw materials, processing, manufacturing, transportation, construction and disposal at the end of a building’s useful life. The lowering of the embodied impact of buildings is significant given the contribution of re-use that the re-use and recycling industry. Communicating the benefits of re-use and recycling and highlighting how barriers have been overcome will help to address the misperception that re-use of construction and demolition waste in infrastructure is novel, difficult and risky. Landfilling is considered to be undesirable due to environmental and ecosystem hazards. Now, most of the landfills are on the verge of arriving at its full capacity. This paper deals with the comparison of construction waste management policies an India and other countries of the world.
- A. A. Dania, J. O. Kehinde and K. Bala -A Study of Construction Material Waste Management Practices by Construction Firms in Nigeria
- Best Practice Guidelines on the Preparation of Waste Management Plans for Construction & Demolition Projects.
- (https://www.leanbusinessireland.ie/includes/doc uments/WMConstructionand Demolition.pdf)
- Edge Environment Pty Ltd for the Government Of Australia -Construction and Demolition Waste Guide, Recycling and Re-use Across the Supply Chain
- Guidelines on Management of C & D wastes (http://cpcb.nic.in/upload/NewItems/NewItem_228_Fi nal_C&D_March_2017.pdf)
- H. Schlossstr, S.Weisleder, D.Nasseri - Construction and Demolition Waste Management in Germany, TuTech Innovation GmbH, 27-10-2006.
- Mooresfort, Latin, C O Tipperary Construction Waste Management Plan by. (EPA export 19-11- 2013).
- South Korea's waste management policies INCO4/12-13.
- T. Napier - Construction Waste Management by (http://https :/ / www. wbdg. Org /resources /construction- waste- management
- V. Anagal- Construction and Demolition Waste Management with reference to Case Study of Pune, (http://https :// www. researchgate. Net /publication /256677141_ construction_ and_ demolition_ waste_ management_ with_ reference_ to_ case_ study_ of_ Pune)