Author : Sakshi Bhagepalle 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: This study is to analyze the failure of existing underpass at NH 65, Loni Kalbhor, Pune (i.e. Sholapur Highway).The main aim of this study is to find the failure reasons and improvement of underpass service. An underpass was not fully utilized because road users were not aware of the underpass, with no sign boards. Local residents have no idea about entry and exit of the underpass and dumping of garbage is done. The service road width was reduced because partly road width was occupied by the local residents and underpass was not properly maintained. Finding the underpass users by methods: observations, Volume Count Survey, Origin and Destination Survey (O&D) and House Hold Survey. Underpass usage can be improved by implanting proper sign boards, margins for the service road, providing full width of the service road, installing the signals. To create awareness about the usage of underpass and service road by advertising either sides of the roads.
- Traffic and Highway Engineering, FOURTH EDITION, Nicholas J. Garber, Lester A. Hoel
- Ramanayya, T.V. (1988), “Highway Capacity under Mixed Traffic Conditions”, Traffic Engineering and Control, Vol. 29, No. 5, United Kingdom, pp. 284- 300.
- http://http :// www. scribd. Com /doc /51981259 /TrafficVolume-survey
- http://http :// www. scribd. Com /doc /59266481 /Reporton- Traffic- Volume- Study
- http://http :// www. 123helpme. Com /traffic- volumestudy- view. Asp ?id ¬--159706