Author : Subhash Chakor 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: The work presented in this paper is concerned with the evaluation of the flexural strength of composite deck system analytically base on international standard and parametric variation. The research work includes a study on core base analysis of metal deck composite slab for flexural capacity and limiting geometrical and material parameters under full bond. Estimation and comparison of flexural resistance as per European, British and American Code of practice using developed MS excel tool. Study on parametric variation such as different materials, profile sheet thickness and slab thickness. Analytical approaches considering the bond properties from no bond to full bond cases. This study gives the guidelines to the users in India, for the flexural capacity of the composite deck as per Indian scenario. The guidelines will be useful for users in India, in absence of Indian code of practice for a composite deck design. The developed MS Excel programs will be useful for the design of deck slab.
- S. Prasannan and L. Luttrell, "Strength formulations for composite slabs," Seventh International specialty conference on cold-formed steel structures, pp. 307-326, 1984.
- R. Schuster and W. Ling, "Mechanical interlocking capacity of composite slabs," International Specialty Conference on Cold-Formed Steel Structures, pp. 335-359, 1994.
- J. Valivonis, "Analysis of behaviour of contact between the profiled steel sheeting and the concrete," Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, vol. XII No. 3, pp. 187-194, 2010.
- M. Ferrer, F. Marimon and M. Crisinel, "Designing coldformed steel sheets for composite slabs; An experimentally validated FEM approach to slip failure mechanics," ThinWalled Structures, vol. Vol. 44, pp. 1261-1271, 2006.
- EC4, "Design of composite steel and concrete structures - Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings," EUROPEAN STANDARD, 2004.
- British Standard, "BS5950- Part 4:Code of practice for design of composite slabs with profiled steel sheeting," 1994
- American National Standard, C-2011 Standard for Composite Steel Floor Deck Slab, Steel Deck Institute, 2011.