Author : Sumedh P. Bodele 1
Date of Publication :25th January 2018
Abstract: The Geo-polymer concrete (GPC) is representing the most promising green and eco-friendly substitute to Ordinary Portland cement (OPC). One of the most important ingredients in the conventional concrete is the Portland cement. The production of cement in the factory emits the enormous amount of carbon- dioxide which pollutes the environment. Therefore, low calcium fly ash based geopolymer concrete is provided because this concrete uses no Portland cement. The geo-polymer cement (which is obtained from the reaction of low calcium fly ash with the alkaline solution (i.e.) sodium hydroxide and sodium silicate) does not pollute the environment and so it is eco-friendly. SFRMGPC consisting of fly ash, GGBS, Alkali-activated solution, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and steel fiber. GGBS is obtained as a by-product i.e. waste from iron and steel industry from the blast furnace to produce a glassy, granular product which is then dried and crushed into a fine powder. It Increases the long-term strength, durability, and resistance to attack in peaty/acidic environments. To enhance the curing ground granulated blast furnace slag is added. Steel fibers increase the durability of geo-polymer concrete and it is proposed to determine and compare the differences in properties of geo-polymer concrete with GGBS and steel fiber. The investigation will consist 0f several tests which include workability test, compression test, split tensile strength and flexural strength. The fiber content varied from 0 to 1 % by weight of geo-polymer binder (Fly ash + GGBFS), also try to use of best molarity alkali solution. Concrete cube of 150mm x 150mm x 150mm will be considered for compression strength. Concrete cylindrical cube of internal diameter 15omm and height of 300mm will be considered for split tensile strength. Beams of 150mm x 150mm x 700 mm will be considered for the flexural strength. In this paper, an attempt is made to study steel fiber reinforced geo-polymer concrete by various aspects.
- Ali A. Aliabdo, Abd El-moaty M, Hazem A. Salem b(2016), "Effect of water addition, plasticizer and alkaline solution constitution on fly ash based geopolymer concrete performance", Journal: Construction and Building Materials, vol: 121, issue No: 05 , pp.: 694-703.
- A. Maria Rajesh, Dr.C. Selvamony, Dr.T.R. Sethuraman, M. ShajuPragash (February 2014),"Behavior Of Low Calcium Fly ash Based Geo-polymer Concrete Structural Elements With GGBS. & Steel Fibre‖, International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology (IJSRET) Volume 2 Issue 11 pp 782-789.
- Faiz U.A and Anwar H (2016), ―Mechanical properties of steel fibre reinforced geo-polymer concretes at elevated temperatures‖ J- Construction and Building Material, Volume: 114, pp.15-28.
- G. Ramkumar, S. Sundarkumar, A. Sivakumar(March 2015), ―Development Of Steel Fibre Reinforced Geo-polymer Concrete‖, International Journal of Advance Research In Science And Engineering IJARSE, Vol. No.4, Special Issue (01), ISSN-2319-8354(E)
- H Teja Kiran Kumar(January 2017),‖Experimental study on coir fibre reinforced flyash based geopolymer concrete with 12m molar activator ―International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology (IJCIET) Volume 8, Issue 1, pp. 438– 443, Article ID: IJCIET_08_01_050
- Mrs.S.N.Deshmukha,Prof.U.R.Kawade(2016),‖Eff ect of inclusion of steel fiber & polypropylene fiber on mechanical properties of geo-polymer concrete‖ IJARIIE-ISSN(O)-2395-4396 Vol-2 Issue-4
- kumar(2013),‖Engineering properties of steel fibre reinforced geo-polymer concrete‖J - Advances in Concrete Construction, Vol. 1, No. 4 , 305-318.
- NishaKhamar, Resmi V Kumar V (2013) ―Properties of Hybrid Fibre Reinforced Geopolymer Concrete under Ambient Curing‖International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064.
- Rekha K.P, Hazeena R.(July 2014),‖Strength and durability of Fibre reinforced Geo Polymer concrete‖,International journal of Scientific and Engineering research,Volume 5, Issue7,ISSN2229-5518.
- Supriyaprakash, G. Senthilkumar (March 2015),‖Experimental Study on Geo-polymer Concrete using Steel Fibres,‖International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 21 Number 8.