Author : Apurva A. Jibhkate 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: From the old experiences of few earthquakes, like Bhuj earthquake in India elevated water tanks were heavily harmed or failed. Liquid loads behave very differently to dry loads at the time of the earthquake. When the liquid starts to slosh in the tank, it causes huge weight shifts. Elevated water tank must remain functional after an earthquake as it is useful to provide water and firefighting system, Therefore it is important to study in detail. This paper presents a study of earthquake analysis of elevated water tank for different staging height having the same capacity. It is necessary to have a control system for effectively reducing slosh. The purpose of this study is to know the behavior of liquid under motion or vibration by comparing sloshing frequency numerically, experimentally and by ANSYS. And also to analyze the model of a water tank with different bracing patterns, staging heights to know the minimum deflections.
- A.R. Ghaemmaghami and M. R. Kianoush (2010) “Effect of wall flexibility on dynamic response of concrete rectangular liquid storage tanks under horizontal and vertical ground motions” Journal of structural engineering/april 2010/441.
- Dr. Suchita Hirde, Ms Asmita Bajare, Dr. Manoj Hedaoo, “Seismic performance of elevated water tank” International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies Vol.1 issue 1 October- December. 2011/78-87.
- Chirag N. Patel, H. S. Patel, “supporting systems for reinforced concrete elevated water tank: A State of the art literature review” International journal of advanced engineering research and studies Vol. II/ issue I oct.-dec. 2012/68-71.
- Ayazhussain m. Jabar and H. S. Patel, (2012) “Seismic Behavior of RC Elevated Water Tank under Different Staging Pattern and Earthquake Characteristics”, International journal of advanced engineering research and studies e-issn2249–8974, IJAERS/Vol. I/ Issue III/AprilJune, 2012/293-296.
- Ankush N. Asati, Dr. M. S. Kadu(2014) “seismic investigation of rc elevated water tank for different type of staging patterns” International journal of engineering trends and technology- vol. 14 number-1, Aug. 2014.
- Rupachandra J. Aware, Dr. Vageesha S. Mathada (2015), “seismic performance of circular elevated water tank” International journal of science and research, vol 4, issue 12, December 2015 ISSN; 2319-7064.
- G. P. Deshmukh, Ankush. S. Patkhede(2015), “analysis of elevated water storage structure using different staging system” International journal of research in engineering and technology,vol-04,ISSUE;04/Apr-2015 pISSN:2321-7308.
- Bojja. Devadanam, M K MV Ratnam, Dr. U Rangaraju (2007), “effect of staging height on the seismic performance of rc elevated water tank” International journal of innovative research in science, engineering and technology, vol.4, issue 1, January 2015 ISSN;2319-8753.
- N. R. Patil, Dr. R. S. Talikoti(2015), “seismic analysis of elevated water tank” International journal of civil and structural engineering research,vol. 3, Issue 1,pp(90-94) /April-September 2015.
- Neha N. Walde, Sakshi Manchalwar, Amey Khedikar “seismic analysis of water tank considering effect on time period” International journal of research in engineering and technology Vol;04 issue 06 june 2015.