Author : Shreenivas N. Londhe 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Air pollution is a serious problem all over the world which causes terrific loss to human health and other living beings. Criteria pollutants like Oxides of Sulphur (SO2), Oxides of Nitrogen (NO2) and Respirable Suspended Particulate Matter (RSPM) have either reached or exceeded the acceptable limits specified by Central Pollution Control Board of India for most of the cities like Pune. So, the forecasting of criteria air pollutants is necessary to take precautions from causes due to air pollutants. In present work, the one day ahead forecasting of air pollutants like SO2, NO2 and RSPM are carried out. Feedforward back-propagation (FFBP) and Radial Basis Function Neural Network (RBFNN) tools are used to forecast air pollutants. The univariate time series are used for modelling. The FFBP models for SO2, NO2 and RSPM are modeled
- A. Kumar, and P. Goyal, “Forecasting of air quality in Delhi using principal component regression technique,” Atmospheric Pollution Research, vol. 2, pp. 436-444, Feb. 2011.
- S. S. Tikhe, K. C. Khare, and S. N. Londhe, “Forecasting of air pollutants using data driven approaches,” IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 01-08, Mar.-Apr. 2013.
- S. S. Tikhe, K. C. Khare, and S. N. Londhe, “Short term air quality forecast using data driven approaches,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 4, no. 1(version 9), pp. 43-55, Jan. 2014.
- D.E Rumelhart, James, and McClelland, "Parallel Distributed Processing: Explorations in the Microstructure of Cognition". Cambridge: MIT Press, 1986.
- P. Jain, and M. C. Deo, “Neural networks in ocean engineering,” Ships and Offshore Structures, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 25-35, Jan. 2006
- S. Chaudhuri, D. Das, A. Middey, and S. Goswami, “Forecasting the Concentration of Atmospheric Pollutants: Skill Assessment of Autoregressive and Radial Basis Function Network Models,” International Journal of Environmental Protection, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 41-47, 2011.
- A Manual on “Guidelines for the Measurement of Ambient Air Pollutants,” Central Pollution Control Board (Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India), Delhi, vol. 1, pp. iii, May, 2011.