Author : Leemonlisa Raj 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Due to the rapid growth of construction activity and the rising cost of construction materials in developing countries has required research into the utilization of substitute materials in the structural building industry. The aim of this study is to examine the influence of pozzolanic material such as Fly Ash (FA) as a partial replacement in High Alumina Cement (HAC). In this experiment, different types of concrete mixes were designed such as HAC1, HAC2 and HAC3 where FA have replaced by different proportions such as 0%, 10%, 20% in HAC1 and similarly for HAC2 and HAC3 respectively. An M35 grade of concrete was used for a total nine numbers of different concrete mixes were selected where FA was used to replace HAC by volume. Nine number of cubes were cast for each concrete mixes to evaluate the performance of concrete mixture in terms of compressive strength for 7, 14 and 28 days at a constant temperature. The experimental test results obtained after 7 and 14 days signify that the compressive strength test results do not vary more. But 28 days test results showed that compressive strength increases as compared to control specimen
- M. Mazloom, A. A. Ramezanianpour, J.J. Brooks, “Effect of silica fume mechanical properties of high-strength concrete”, Cement & Concrete Composites, pp. 347-357, 2004.
- Y. Shrivastava and K. Bajaj, “Performance of Fly Ash and High Volume Fly Ash Concrete in Pavement Design”, IACSIT Coimbatore Conferences IPCSIT vol. 28, IACSIT Press, Singapore, 2012.
- R. Lukose, “Characterization of Portland Cements, Expansive cement and High-Alumina Cement, and their Variation in Properties with Different Components”, International Journal of Research in Modern Engineering and Emerging Technology, Vol. 1, pp. 2320-6586, July: 2013.
- D. Joseph, M. Devi and S. S. kumar, “experimental investigation of concrete with combined high alumina cement, silica fume and msand”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp.425-428, March -April 2013.
- K. Bazzar, M. R. Bouatiaoui, and A. Hafidialaoui, “Performance Approach the Durability of High Volume Fly Ash Concrete”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT), Volume 2, March 2013.
- Shirish and V. Deo, “A Review of High Volume Low Lime Fly Ash Concrete”, International Conference on Biological, Civil and Environmental Engineering (BCEE-2014), March 17-18, 2014.
- T. Subramani and K. S. Ramesh, “Experimental Study On Partial Replacement Of Cement With Fly Ash And Complete Replacement Of Sand With M sand”, International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM), Volume 4, May 2015.
- D. Karoriya and Prof. R. Gupta, “Performance of Concrete with Fly Ash and Kaolin Inclusion”, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR), Vol-2, pp. 2454-1362, 2016.
- A. Kumar, S. Jai and S. Gupta, “A Research Paper on Partial Replacement of Cement in M-30 Concrete from Silica Fume and Fly Ash”, International Journal of Civil Engineering (SSRGIJCE), volume 3, May 2016.
- A. Gunaseelan, K. M. Ramalingam, “Experimental Study on Performance of High Volume Fly Ash Concrete”, International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology, Volume 2, pp. 2349-6010, May 2016.