Author : U.P.Govind 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: A comparative study of a regular concrete frame building frame with flat plate and frame with flat slab & drop panel is presented in this paper. The IS456:2000 and IS 1893:2000 standards have been used for the loading purpose. All four zones of an earthquake are considered and the storey displacement is computed using the equivalent static method and response spectrum method. The software used for the analysis is ETABS. The initial analysis and design for a particular dimension of column and beam are carried on, later based on some failed trials the changes on dimensions are provided, reanalysed and compared. From the analysis and result it can be concluded that flat slab with drop panel shows minimum storey displacement compared to the flat plate model and regular concrete frame model while the flat plate model shows the highest storey displacement. The related graphs are plotted for the comparison purpose.
- R.S.More, V. S. Sawant, analysis of flat slab , international journals of science and research (IJSR),2013
- Dr.AbdulMuttalibI.Said,Dr. Salah Rohaima Obed, Salam Mreh Ayez, Replacement of Line Loads acting on slabs to equivalent uniformly Distributed Loads, journal engineering , 2012
- Sanjay P N, Mahesh Prabhu K, Umesh S S, Behaviour of Flat Slab Rcc Structure Under Earthquake Loading, international journal of engineering research and technology , 2014
- Sandesh D. Bothara, Dr.Valsson Varghese,” “Dynamic Analysis of Special Moment Resisting Frame Building With Flat Slab And Grid Slab” ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 2, Issue 4, July-August 2012
- Amit A. Sathawane & R.S. Deotale,” Analysis And Design of Flat Slab And Grid Slab And Their Cost Comparison, International journal of advanced technology in civil engineering,ISSN:2231- 5721,Volume-1,Issue-2,2012
- Dr. Uttamasha Gupta1, Shruti Ratnaparkhe, Padma Gome,” Seismic Behaviour of Buildings Having Flat Slabs with Drops”, ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, Issue 10, October 2012.
- S.S.Patil,, Rupali Sigi, analysis and design of flat slabs using various codes, International journal of Engineering and Technology,2014
- Mohit Sharma, Dr. Savita Maru, Dynamic Analysis of Multistoried Regular Building, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSRJMCE),2014
- General service administration(GSA) 2003
- IS 1893 (Part 1):2002 Criteria For Earthquake Resistant Design Of Structures
- IS 456: 2000 Plain & reinforced concrete code of practice.