Author : Saurabh D. Lakhamapure 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Self-compacting concrete is an advanced concrete that does not require vibration for placing for placing and compacting. It set by its own weight and gravitational force. It used to avoid the concrete voids, develop uniform concrete strength, superior level of finish. The aim of this review is to summarize the previous research work related to utilization of material in self-compacting concrete. It is important to represent new research on concept and direction in their research. There are a lot of material used for rheological improvement in Self-compacting concrete. From these calcite and fly ash are used to improve powder content for flowability, increase workability, compressive strength and durability of concrete. In conclusion, this paper will provide substantial idea and useful data for future study
- Hajimi Okamura and masahiro ouchi,” Self Compacting Concrete”, Journal of advanced concrete technology Vol. 1, No.1,5-15, April 2003.
- Nitish Chalhotra “Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Containing Flay ash and Silica Fume” Registration No. 800922007, (2011).
- Oladipupo S. Olafusi, Adekunle P. Adewuyi, Abiodun I. Otunla, Adewale O. Babalola “Evaluation of Fresh and Hardened Properties of Self-Compacting Concrete” Open Journal of Civil Engineering, (2015).
- Oriyomi M Okeyinka, Olanrewaju A Oladejo “The influence of calcium carbonate as an admixture on the properties of wood ash cement concrete” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Vol 4, Issue 12, (December 2014)
- N. Bouzoubaâa* and M. Lachemi “Self Compacting Concrete Incorporating High-Volumes of Class F Fly Ash” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 31, No. 3, Mar. 2001, pp. 413-420.
- Deepa Balakrishnan S., Paulose K.C “Workability and strength characteristics of self compacting concrete containing fly ash and dolomite powder” American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER) e-ISSN : 2320-0847 pISSN : 2320-0936 Volume-2 pp-43-47, Article ID-2013.
- K. Satish Kumar and S. Dilli Babu “study of performance of self compacting concrete with Mineral Admixture”, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Volume8(32), November 2015, Article ID: DOI-10.17485.
- Anupam S. Hirapure, Dr. A. M. Badar, Prof. S R. Satone “Use of calcite and fly ash as a supplementary cementitious material in green concrte”, International journal of research in engineering and technology (Civil engg.), Volume 1, Feb 2016, Article ID: ISSN 2395-6453.