Author : Akash W. Firke 1
Date of Publication :24th January 2018
Abstract: Road pavements are relentlessly exposed to high traffic loads and high temperatures which imparts negative effects on the durability of the concrete. To restore the weakened concrete properties and further to enhance the performance of the pavement an effective multifunctional material is obligatory. Admixtures are widely used for this purpose. Using fly ash in concrete may both provide economic advantages and better properties in the production of concrete. Use of polypropylene fiber in concrete has been researched in recent days. Besides in addition of fiber provide better performance for the concrete while fly ash in the mixture may adjust the workability and strength losses caused by fibers and improve strength gain, durability, density, corrosion resistance, etc. Combination of fly ash and fibers has given better performance when tested. Fly ash increases 50– 60% of compressive strength and 80 – 90% of tensile strength and fiber decreases shrinkage up to 30-40%.
- Tatyana Boikovaa, Dmitry Solovyova, Valentina Solovyovaa,” Concrete for road pavements” Transportation Geotechnics and Genecology, TGG 2017, 17-19 May 2017, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- Marcela Guirola,” Strength and performance of fiberreinforced concrete composite slabs “October 2001.
- Rahul Bansal, Varinder Singh and Ravikant Parekh, „Effect on Compressive Strength with Partial Replacement of Fly ash‟ , International Journal on Emerging Technology, January 2015.
- Tomas U. Ganiron Jr,” Analysis of fly ash cement concrete for road construction”, “International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol.60, (2013).
- Okan Karahan, Cengis Duran Atis. „ The durability Property of Polypropylene Fibre Reinforce Fly ash Concrete”, Materials and Design. ELSEVIER, Volume 32, Issue 2, Feb 2011.
- Don L. Ivey, Teddy J. Hirsch,” Effects of chemical admixtures in concrete and mortar”, The Texas highway department, March 1967.
- C. Manthong, T.P. Agarwal,” Effect of fly ash additives on concrete properties” International journal of engineering research and application‟s: 2248-9622, Vol 2, Issue 4 pp,2012.
- V.M.Sounthararajan,A.Jain,A.K.Singh,S.Thirumurugan and A.Sivakumar,”Evaluation of composite polypropylene fiber reinforced concrete”, International journal of engineering and technology;ISSN:0975 -4024,Vol 5,Issue 2 pp,2010.
- M.S. SHETTY, “Concrete Technology Theory & Practice”, Seventh Revised Edition 2013 Published by S. CHAND & Company, Ram Nagar, New Delhi.
- IS 10262:2009, “Guidelines for Concrete Design Proportioning”, Bureau Of Indian Standards, New Delhi.